Be part of a fun, talented, and diligent human resources group while enjoying the beauty of working at Wintergreen Resort, Central Virginia’s premier four-season mountain-top resort nestled on 11,000 acres in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
As HR Recruiter, your main focus will be to manage the domestic recruitment program as you hire and place top talent throughout the resort. This will require someone who is extremely friendly and outgoing, skilled at interviewing and reference checking, adept at handling employee relations, and very organized, flexible, and technically savvy. You also will assist with daily administrative and payroll duties, problem solve a variety of issues, and help plan HR related events and activities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Create and place advertising in local and regional newspapers, television spots, and websites including associations, industry and job sites
- Represent Wintergreen at both job and internship fairs
- Establish and maintain working relationships with community agencies and local colleges and universities to assist in recruiting efforts
- Screen all employment applications and resumes
- Conduct interviews and pre-employment testing
- Complete reference checks and criminal background checks
- Facilitate the application process which includes the use of our Ceridian Applicant Tracking System; route candidates to the appropriate manager, schedule interviews, and follow-up with both the hiring managers and applicants
- Assist in organizing and setting up social activities throughout the year
- Coach managers on hiring and interviewing practices
- Schedule and conduct new associate orientation
- Manage the associate recognition program
- Assist with general administrative and payroll duties in the Human Resources office (answer calls, file, prepare correspondence and mailings, assist new hires with paperwork, update information in payroll system, provide employment verifications, print associate IDs and nametags, etc.)
Because you will be a member of the Human Resources team, we need someone who is patient and committed to having positive interactions with a diverse group of associates. Other attributes include the following:
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS:
- Clean and professional image
- Focused on continuous improvement
- Able to effectively converse with all employees
- Excellent verbal and written communication style
- Outgoing and enthusiastic
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Technically savvy
- Proven ability to accurately and quickly assimilate new information
- Adept at understanding the nuances of interviewing candidates and correctly identifying their strengths and challenges
- Great problem solving
- Good sense of humor
Bachelor’s degree with an HR emphasis and at least two years of experience in recruitment are preferred. High potential candidates with the key attributes listed above and the proven capacity and willingness to learn quickly will be considered.
M-F schedule with occasional Saturdays during the busy winter season.
Wintergreen offers excellent benefits including a full array of insurance options, paid leave, a matching 401k plan, and free or discounted recreational privileges.
Wintergreen Resort is an 11,000-acre, four-season resort located in the Blue Ridge Mountains southwest of
Charlottesville, Virginia ....