Southwestern Energy Company is a rapidly growing, independent producer of domestic natural gas an important natural resource that helps fuel our nation’s economy while playing a critical role in America’s quest for energy independence. Southwestern Energy Company began operating in Arkansas 80 years ago. We now produce primarily natural gas from more than 1.5 million acres of land and have expanded our operations into Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania and Canada. We also engage in natural gas gathering and marketing activities in our core market areas in support of exploration and production activities. We are currently looking for a HS&E Coordinator our Drilling operations in Conway, Arkansas
1. Under general supervision, while conferring with supervisor in unusual matters, perform HSE assignments requiring broad knowledge of HSE principles, theories, concepts, compliance issues and regulations.
2. Under general supervision, provide cost-effective HSE guidance and recommendations to Drilling Operations as they strive to operate at a maximum economic rate while complying with HSE regulatory requirements and company HSE policies.
3. Develop, gather, and maintain HSE data for routine HSE reports and regulatory documents.
4. Assist corporate HSE with company-wide projects including committee involvement and support.
5. Assist in investigating HSE incidents.
6. Assist Drilling Operations with ensuring contractor compliance with Southwestern Energy Company HSE policies.
7. Conduct and/or assist in pre-job meetings and HSE meetings as required.
8. Assist in auditing contractor HSE performance and policies.
9. Assist in process hazard assessments.
10. Participate in the HSE field reviews and training programs.
11. Assist Drilling Operations in waste management activities.
12. May be required on relatively short notice to travel to field locations to provide HSE support to Drilling Operations.
13. Interface with federal and state agencies, i.e. OSHA, EPA, DOT, and State regulatory agencies.
1. Bachelor of Science degree in Science or Engineering (Environmental or Safety discipline).
2. Oil and Gas Drilling experience preferred.
3. Knowledge of Federal and state environmental regulations and/or OSHA, MSHA, DOT regulations required.
4. Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
5. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office computer software.
6. Environmental experience a plus.