HSE-HR Coordinator - 097494
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 162,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. In 2011, Corporate Responsibility Magazine recognized Johnson Controls as the #1 company in its annual "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com. JCI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and as such does not discriminate in its recruiting and selection process based on disability or handicap status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please call our Talent Acquisition Hotline at (414)-524-8999 and press option #0.
This position will be as a direct employee to Intertec Systems, which is a Joint Venture between Johnson Controls and Inoac.
This position will be located in Bessemer, Alabama.
· Monitors all health and safety practices and programs to safeguard the well being of all employees.
· Conduct initial first aid assessment and initiate the appropriate medical management response for all injured or ill employees.
· Implement proper First Aid care.
· Activates community emergency response as needed.
· Maintains effective communications with the Human Resources Manager, Plant Manager and others as appropriate of all injuries, community response (if called) and safety incidents.
· Coordinates the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of material evidence for incident investigations.
· Assists in planning, implementation and presentation of training for all employees in work site safety practices, first aid, fire prevention, ergonomics, and correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, and other materials.
· Prepares analysis of trends and communicates results of industrial accident causes and hazards to health for use by company personnel and outside agencies.
· Inspects facility to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines and recommends corrective or preventative measures where indicated and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
· Prepares and posts information, signs, posters, barriers and other materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards and to prevent access to hazardous conditions.
· Assists in administering required health surveillance programs.
· Support the rehabilitation of ill/injured team members (work related).
· Schedules appointments with Occupational Health Physician when necessary.
· Coordinates with management to determine suitable work arrangements for employees with restrictions or need for modified duty.
· Evaluates employees upon return to work after a leave of absence.
· Initiates the Return to Full Duty & Work Hardening Program as indicated for employees returning from medical leave.
· Prepares purchase orders and maintains inventory of first aid area; order supplies, equipment, and maintenance/calibration of supplies/equipment as recommended by OSHA or manufacturer.
· Maintains and follow protocol for confidentiality and maintain proper health care records adhering to corporate, OSHA, and legal guidelines.
· Enters initial information to the CHESS reporting system regarding work related injuries and care and updates files as necessary.
· Assists in planning and coordinating Safety Committee activities.
· Presents new-hire orientation.
· Coordinates with outside vendors as indicated.
· Ensures plant compliance with all state and federal guidelines.
· Assists with general HR duties as assigned by HR Manager.
· Any and all other tasks as assigned by HR Manager.
· Bachelor of Science in Occupational Health, Safety Management , Safety Engineering or Ergonomics preferred
· Safety or Ergonomics certification desired
· 5 years experience in HSE Management
· 3 – 6 years previous work experience in a manufacturing setting or health related field
Johnson Controls - 19 months ago
Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings and...