Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America.
Georgia-Pacific is seeking an experienced HR Generalist for our Coos Bay, OR plant. This is a union facility with approximately 60 employees.
- Provide day to day HR support in functional areas including, but not limited to Recruiting and Staffing Initiatives, Talent and Performance Management, State and Federal Leave, ADA, EEO/AAP, Policy Administration, Compensation Strategies, Employee Relations and HR and Employment Law Compliance.
- Serve as primary HR contact for employees, while promoting positive employee relations.
- Respond to questions regarding recruiting and staffing processes, personnel information, and interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Support the implementation and administration of HR policies, programs, and systems.
- Coach managers and employees to improve performance. Actively manage performance issues to resolution.
- Actively support change processes that support HR initiatives by coaching to address resistance, motivation, building of morale and improvement of performance.
- Investigate questions and/or complaints; Resolve employee relations issues.
- Support talent and succession planning processes and individual development plans. Coach, counsel, and implement corrective action to improve job performance and plant results.
Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in Human Resources Management preferred.
At least 2 years of HR generalist/manager experience required.
Knowledge - Skills - Abilities:
- HR experience working in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated accountability and responsibility for independent judgment and successful outcomes
- Strong interpersonal skills, including both written and verbal communication capability
- Strong Computer skills including familiarity with MS Office products (Outlook and Excel). Experience in SAP, Kronos and Taleo systems is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and make recommendations to management
- Demonstrated ability to deal with multiple issues simultaneously with a sense of urgency
- Ability to engage people in a positive manner to move initiatives forward
- Ability to work effectively in ambiguous situations, maintain a positive approach and be a strong advocate of company-driven initiatives
- 2 years ago - save job
What's on Georgia-Pacific's mind? A whole lotta different products, that's what. Georgia-Pacific (GP) is one of the leading...