Tetra Tech ARD (
) has an immediate opening for a Human Resources Staffing Specialist (HRSS) at corporate headquarters in Burlington, Vermont. The HRSS will serve as the US based recruitment staffing lead, working to identify, recruit and onboard candidates for US based project and home office positions. This individual will work under the general supervision of the Human Resources Director, but is also accountable to the hiring managers for leading the domestic recruitment and staffing process. The responsibilities of the HRSS include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Drive the recruitment and onboarding of domestic Home Office positions;
- Coordinate recruitment and onboarding of US based project positions with the Contract Staffing Specialists;
- Post all US based positions on the Company Website and with respective State Departments of Labor;
- Screen ad responses in Home Office Jobs e-mailbox for viable home office candidates;
- Source passive candidates for positions with specialized experience required;
- Work with hiring managers and senior management to short-list potential candidates;
- Set milestones and reinforce them to keep recruitment processes on track;
- Perform and document preliminary phone screening for short-listed candidates;
- Update Home Office Staffing Plan weekly, and circulate to designated senior personnel;
- Maintain contact with short-listed candidates regarding the status of their candidacy; notify non-selected candidates of hiring decisions;
- Perform reference checks for non-technical candidates as requested;
- Interview non-technical staff candidates as requested;
- Conduct training sessions on recruitment-related topics;
- Coordinate all external outreach/job postings with the Recruitment Assistant;
- Liaise with the Corporate Office and HR Director to ensure all EEO and AAP compliance and reporting are met;
- Populate and update the recruitment tracking file in our central information system and capture all communications had with candidates;
- Coordinate and schedule all interviews and new hire orientations;
- Ensure all candidate background documentation is captured, vetted and validated;
- Ensure all job descriptions for US based positions are accurate, up to date and in the correct format;
- Draft contracts for US based project hires and employment letters for Home office hires;
- Coordinate relocation coordination for new hires as needed;
- Maintain required internal postings of Labor and Employment Compliance notices in employee common areas;
- Assist the HR team with other related duties and administrative support as determined by the Director.
In addition to a collaborative and family-friendly work environment, Tetra Tech ARD values diverse, energetic, and enthusiastic team players who are committed to high levels of performance and who are dedicated to providing superior services at all levels of the firm.
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) preferably in area related to one of firm’s practice areas;
- Minimum 2 years related experience;
- Passive recruitment/candidate sourcing experience using social media strongly preferred;
- Ability to organize own work and perform independently while closely and appropriately coordinating with team members;
- Energetic and enthusiastic collaborative team player;
- Very strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Excellent information management skills, with very strong attention to detail;
- Basic understanding of EEO/AAP compliance and reporting requirements;
- Demonstrated high level of reliability and follow-through;
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and sometimes intense work environment;
- Excellent ability to integrate into teams smoothly and understand requirements quickly;
- High level proficiency MS-Office applications and databases;
- High level of reliability and track record for follow-through;
- U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is mandatory for this position.
No phone calls will be accepted.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of this on-line application process:
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
- A letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity
- A current resume in reverse chronological format
- A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference.
Tetra Tech ARD is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations- in the U.S and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech ARD is proud to be an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer.
ARD, Inc. - 2 years ago
Tetra Tech puts technical know-how to work. The environmental management, consulting, and technical services group focuses on resource...