Only Online Applications Will Be Accepted For This Recruitment
Under general supervision, coordinates employment functions; prepares, reviews and distributes personnel records; assists in completing various personnel studies and reports; and performs other related work as necessary.
1. Writes, advertises, posts and mails job bulletins; screens applications for minimum qualifications; enters applicant information in database.
2. Schedules and coordinates testing processes and employment examinations; obtains raters for testing panels and arranges interviews involving employees.
3. Notifies hiring representatives and reviews test and interview results; conducts reference checks to obtain additional candidate information; establishes and maintains viable eligibility lists for continuous testing.
4. Answers questions regarding open positions, applications procedures, testing procedures and job application and salary practices.
5. Assists in coordinating New Employee Orientation, In-Service Training, and other personnel activities.
6. Processes new employees, making sure that all required information is complete, including credentials, certifications, transcripts and employment verifications.
7. Maintains job hotline and updates job listings.
8. Assists in performing job analyses and salary surveys.
9. Participates in job fairs and related activities.
10. Prepares correspondence related to employment, selection procedures and interview results; maintains forms and databases.
11. Assigns and monitors substitute assignments at school sites; establishes and maintains re-instatement, re-employment, transfer, and seniority lists.
12. Orders supplies and promotional materials.
13. Responds to employee questions regarding basic personnel procedures.
14. Trains and provides technical direction to substitute clerical staff and temporary Student Workers or interns.
15. Completes special projects.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities and qualifications of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations will be made so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Job-Related Qualifications Guidelines
Required: Educational attainment equivalent to high school graduation. Three or more years of clerical experience, including some personnel-related experience.
• Personnel and office administration practices.
• Employment and compensation procedures and records systems.
• Fair employment and testing practices.
• Merit system practices and or teacher credential requirements.
• Statistical methods.
• Interviewing techniques.
• Basic math.
• Proper English grammar usage.
• Customer service principles and techniques.
• Office filing and record keeping techniques.
• Operate personal computer to utilize word processing and spreadsheet applications.
• Utilize applicant-tracking system
• Research and request personnel information from internal and external sources.
• Compile, tabulate, and analyze data.
• Work independently.
• Schedule, organize, and complete work in accordance with deadlines.
• Train and provide technical direction to temporary staff.
• Maintain confidentiality of personnel information.
• Communicate effectively with school site staff, District payroll, finance, and business services staff, outside agency personnel, and the general public.
• Demonstrate flexibility and respond to changing requirements and job assignments.
• Work cooperatively with others.
The selection process is open to all qualified applicants. To be considered for an employment opportunity with the Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District, it is necessary for you to complete an
official District Application
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application.
The application is part of the selection process and is part of your total evaluation of acceptability for employment.
The examination process may consist of any one or more of the following: Training and Experience Evaluation, a Written Test, a Performance Test, a Technical Oral Interview and/or a Qualifications Appraisal Interview.
The provisions of this announcement do not constitute an expressed or implied contract, and any provisions contained in this announcement may be modified or revoked without notice.
Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District - 10 months ago