Open Position: HVAC Mechanical Engineer / HVAC Design Engineer (2 -5 Years Experience)
Office Location: San Leandro, CA 94577 (near Oakland, CA)
Compensation: Highly competitive employee compensation package. Pay rate is dependent on experience level and open to negotiation.
Highly respected employee owned contractor specializing in the areas of heating, ventilating, air conditioning, refrigeration, process piping, plumbing, building control systems, as well as service retrofit and maintenance; actively seeks HVAC Mechanical Engineer / HVAC Design Engineer to join our thriving San Leandro, CA branch office. This is a full time long term employment opportunity to join our award winning firm.
We are a fully integrated company with complete in-house HVAC & Plumbing engineering, fabrication, installation, commissioning and service capabilities. Our integrated delivery system allows us to provide our customers with the most practical, cost effective solutions for their particular mechanical and control system requirements. Our firm is licensed in the States of Arizona, California, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Utah and Washington. For 75 years, owners and builders have selected us to design, install, and maintain over 250,000 mechanical projects. We are one of the largest and most experienced environmental and engineering firms in the West, and among the top three nationwide.
HVAC Mechanical Engineer / HVAC Design Engineer role and responsibilities:
As an HVAC Mechanical Engineer / Design Engineer, you will be involved in all aspects of the HVAC design / build process. From project conception through the details of design and field coordination, you will work with our staff of experts to obtain a practical knowledge and experience unmatched in this exciting industry. Examples of HVAC installations span the full spectrum from the simplest commercial building “package system” to the most complex high purity manufacturing process. Among other activities assigned, you will have the opportunity to apply your engineering expertise on such typical duties as:
HVAC Mechanical Design Engineer / Project Manager Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Project planning
- Conceptual design through construction drawing development
- LEED certifications
- Economic & energy analysis
- Load calculations, design and layout of equipment, duct and piping systems
- Applications engineering including psychometrics, refrigeration, acoustics, and controls systems
- Coordination of design and installation with Project Management, Construction and Service departments
- Field engineering: assist with project execution, trade coordination, scheduling, document management and problem solving
- Computer 3D modeling of HVAC systems utilizing the latest modeling software
- Estimating and proposal writing, client interaction
Reasons to join our team:
- Bachelors of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
- EIT Certification or P.E. License are a plus, not required.
- Must have (2) two to (5) five years of HVAC Mechanical Engineering Design experience working for a mechanical consulting or design building consulting firm.
- Must have a good understanding of HVAC Mechanical design fundamentals and systems applications
- Familiarity with Building Codes is a plus
- Proficiency in load calculations, systems design, layouts and trade coordination
- Proficiency in AutoCAD (or similar drafting software), load calculations & Energy Code compliance calculations (Trane Trace, etc.)
- Ability to interact effectively with others in team environments
- High sense of integrity
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self starter and strong desire to succeed
Professional development – In addition to the unmatched experience and knowledge gained through working directly on a broad range of projects, our firm enhances your professional development through regular on-site training classes and technical seminars. We also offer tuition reimbursement for work-related education.
Opportunity for career advancement – Our firm’s entrepreneurial culture fosters rapid advancement of individuals demonstrating excellent skills in project execution and leadership. Opportunities include potential advancement to supervisory/managerial roles within the Engineering department and Project Engineering roles within our Project Group.
Enjoyable work environment - We have an unusually large number of employees who have been with us 20 years or longer, and for good reason -- we are an employee-owned company and a very successful group who enjoy a friendly and supportive atmosphere. At the same time, this best-in-class environment is 'young at heart' and very entrepreneurial, placing innovation and self-motivation in high regard.
Excellent compensation - In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health and dental insurance, a 401(k) plan, disability insurance, paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
****WE ARE UNABLE TO PROVIDE EMPLOYEE VISA SPONSPORSHIP AT THIS TIME ****
HOW TO APPLY:
For immediate and entirely confidential employment / hiring consideration please email detailed resume and brief cover letter email@example.com . We will contact you directly for interview coordination.
Phone: (916) 479-8255
The Johnson Group, Inc. - 17 months ago
Hep cats still hang out at Johnny Rockets restaurants, where U-shaped counters, padded booths, table-top jukeboxes, and white uniforms...