Hourly: K team, 12 hour rotating shifts from 4:45 pm – 5:00 am which includes every other weekend
Reports to: Maintenance Team Supervisor
Primary Job Functions:
Essential Job Activities :
Secondary Job Activities :
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair equipment problems with plant ammonia chilling system.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair equipment problems with plant air handling and conditioning systems.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair office air handling and conditioning systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair electric and electronic problems such as heating and cooling controls, programmable controller and drives.
- Able to wear a full-face air purifying respirator.
Job Requirements : 1-2 years vocational training in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment. Specific knowledge of ammonia systems, boilers and air compressors. Minimum 5 years experience in industrial HVAC systems including mechanical, electrical and electronic repair. Must achieve a Universal Refrigerant Certification within the first six months in position. A First Class B Boiler Operator License is a plus. Ability to operate machine tools and power tools, forklift and welding equipment. Ability to use electrical test equipment. Manual dexterity required for delicate electronic work. Ability to lift and carry 75-100 pound objects, repetitively lift and carry 20 and 50 pound objects. Ability to read blueprints and electrical schematics; ability to troubleshoot plant and production HVAC equipment problems. Ability to effectively interact and communicate with machine operators and outside vendors and solve problems. Ability to work alone and be self-directed.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair Phase 8-12 air compressors.
- Provide backup for utility operators.
- Provide maintenance and operator training to insure proper use of equipment.
- Keep work and shop areas clean to avoid injury and/or sanitation problems.
- Keep track of parts inventory and purchase and/or request replacement parts.
- Provide input into plant designs of HVAC equipment.