Duties and Responsibilities:
Diagnosing home air conditioning systems onsite and determining if damaged from lightning or other causes (power surge, wear-and-tear, neglect, etc.).
Evaluating air handlers, chillers, and compressor units including electronic and mechanical components.
Recovering and recycling CFC and HCFC (Chlorofluorocarbon family) refrigerants efficiently, effectively, and in an environmentally sound manner.
Maintaining required EPA records on CFC and HCFC.
Evaluating electrical connections to HVAC components.
Following successful removal of refrigerants, removing compressor, if necessary and when approved, cutting open the compressor on site to determine the cause of compressor failure.
Scheduling jobs effectively to accommodate homeowners and/or occupants, while maintaining an efficient route.
Reassembling (but not repairing) the equipment, unless it has been removed from service.
Ascertaining any damage in the house resulting from a power surge or possible lightning discharge.
Excellent people skills for interacting with homeowners and/or occupants and insurance adjusters.
High School Diploma or equivalent, some trade school education preferred but not required.
5+ years successful experience in HVAC maintenance.
(State) HVAC License and EPA Section 608 Certification, if required
Intellectual character and ability to consistently exercise discretion and independent judgment.
Willingness to learn new skills and perform tasks to support other business units during periods of decreased work load.
Experience using Microsoft WORD, Excel, email, internet, and intranet.
Must have a valid driver's license with a clear driving record that meets company standards. Driving records are checked on a routine basis to ensure compliance with insurance requirements.
The Option may be available to utilize your personal vehicle for work, as long as it meets our company vehicle guidlines.
Must also show proof of valid and current autiomobile insurance on a quarterly basis.
Ability to work outside of and beyond eight-hour days and five-day weeks, as needed.
Lightning Investigations offers very competitive compensation and benefit packages in addition to all of the latest business tools and technology. Donan is highly committed to both employee wellness and safety. Please visit our website at www.Donan.com for additional information. Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Frequently required to stand on one’s feet for prolonged periods of time.
- Frequently required to lift and/or move objects weighing 50-100 lbs.
- Frequently required to climb onto first and second story roofs, ascend/descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, etc.
- Frequently required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to spend extended periods of time operating a motor vehicle.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Frequently required to sit at a computer and look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
Donan is an E-Verify participating employer.
Donan Engineering - 2 years ago