HW Systems Design Engineer
Position located in Santa Clara, CA
The Intel Platform Design Team is looking for a Senior System Design Engineer to assist in the design, development, test, and manufacturing of system products, proof of concepts (POCs), and other hardware associated with Intel Media's platform development. The candidate will work with other hardware engineers as well as other development team members in various capacities to achieve program goals and objectives. Behavioral traits for this position include effective written and verbal communication essential for success.
Specific responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Researching, specifying, and securing system level components for both prototype and manufacturable platforms
- Collaboratively working with various engineering disciplines to design, develop, assemble, test, and debug systems at the platform level
- Engaging with both internal and external suppliers to support the prototyping and fabrication of designs including communicating with non-US manufacturers and customers
- Working closely with the senior engineering staff to creatively resolve issues, improve product performance, and make sure operational requirements are met.
- Interacting with SW engineers and vendors to obtain the appropriate middleware, SW drivers, and operating systems for platform operation
- Documenting system specifications, block diagrams, BOMs, schematics, implementation requirements, BKMs, test results
- Understanding the electrical, software, and mechanical engineering principles involved in system design
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Position located in Santa Clara, CA.
- Must have a BS in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years experience with level design and development
- Minimum 5 years experience with product environmental requirements and methods, including thermals, acoustics, power management, ESD, EMI, and others
- Minimum 5 years experience with assembly, debug, and test of electrical, thermal and mechanical systems
- 2+ years experience with Linux, low level SW and driver interactions and interdependencies
USA-California, Santa Clara
Nov 5, 2012
Nov 6, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 18 months ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
At Intel, we see more inside the every day. We see potential, opportunity...