The Handyman/Cleaner is responsible for performing maintenance and cleaning at the property in accordance with company standards. The purpose of this position is to help ensure that the physical condition of the property satisfies ownership and management objectives. In addition to aiding the maintenance supervisor with general duties, this position requires that the individual be available to respond to emergency maintenance repairs after normal working hours if needed.
- Performs each cleaning function in accordance with the property's prescribed daily schedule.
- Responsible for such scheduled functions as cleaning windows, walls, floors, stairwells, emptying trash cans; sweeping, picking up exterior trash, etc.
- Performs other projects as assigned daily by the Super and/or Manager such as cleaning vacant units, etc.
- Responsible for carrying all cleaning supplies necessary to satisfactorily perform his/her routine functions.
- Keeps the Superintendent informed as work assignments are finished and provides the status of assignments to the Superintendent at the end of each day.
- Performs resident work orders, such as repair of appliances, doors, locks, windows, lights, faucets, toilets, and floors.
- Performs site work orders, including but not limited to, changing light fixtures and light bulbs in hallways, shoveling snow, shampooing carpets, repairing doors, repairing dry wall, changing locks, and doing spring cleanup of the grounds.
- When required, responsible for being available to respond to emergencies, such as snowstorms, flood, and fire.
- Responsible for apartment turnovers, completing all work necessary to return vacated apartments to their original state, such as patching holes and flooring, re-hanging doors, and ensuring that locks, appliances, kitchens, and bathrooms are in acceptable condition.
WinnCompanies Corporate Culture & Benefits
- Experience in electrical, plumbing and HVAC, Cleaning
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- In addition, the candidate will need to possess the knowledge to be able to complete repairs on the following: appliances, doors, locks, windows, faucets, toilets, flooring and sheetrock repairs, and preventative maintenance tasks as assigned.
Founded in 1971, WinnCompanies is a nationally recognized owner, developer and manager of real estate. Our company is over three thousand employees strong, with a presence in 23 states.
We emphasize innovative thinking, value each employee as an individual and offer the chance to share in our dedication to quality and drive for excellence.
WinnCompanies is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and encourages diversity within the workplace. We are incredibly diverse with 47% of our workforce comprising of women or minorities. Here, you'll enjoy an excellent salary and benefits package in addition to strong career potential in a progressive and growing company.
We offer competitive Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance benefits; in addition to a generous 401(k) plan that includes a 100% vested employer match upon hire.
WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace.
Learn more about us at, www.winnco.com
WinnResidential - 19 months ago