Hardware/Software Development Engineer
The successful candidate will be part of a team developing and supporting SW associated with Spirent's industry leading mobile device test solutions. Position involves providing Engineering level support to Spirent customers. This includes offering deep technical support to the Global Services team as they work directly with customers to troubleshoot and resolve product related issues in the field. Assignment may include design tasks, DVT, and/or Product Validation responsibilities as workload allows.
• Be the primary point of contact for the Global Services teams on Engineering issues related to assigned Spirent Test System products.
• Manage customer driven ‘Change Requests’ (CRs) pertaining to bugs and/or enhancement requests from inception through final disposition and/or deployment.
• Provide technical support as needed in the field to address technical issues that exceed the level of expertise established within the GS team.
Spirent Communications – Inspiring Innovation – Enriching Life
Spirent Communications is where the world’s leading communications companies turn when they need to accelerate their time-to-market for next-generation communication systems. In fact, every significant industry test in the last six years has used Spirent's test systems as the benchmark. We are continually recognized by customers, industry, press, and technology associations for our innovative thinking and our ground-breaking products. The communications market has untapped potential. The boundaries of how fast, far, and accurately voice and data can be transmitted have yet to be reached, or even defined. Spirent solutions are paving the way for tomorrow’s communications.
The atmosphere at Spirent is innovative, creative, and technically challenging. We are always looking for new employees with exceptional abilities, vision, and commitment levels to join our team.
If you want to work with truly bright and motivated people—and be a part of an industry-leading company that's helping to revolutionize communications technologies—this is your opportunity. Our focus on employee satisfaction stems from a core belief that market-leading products start with one thing: market-leading people. At Spirent, we offer more than jobs, we offer unique career opportunities. We can do this because we are large enough to encompass a breadth of possibilities, while being small enough for you to be noticed and recognized. Are you innovative enough to work at Spirent?
• BSEE/BSCE required along with a minimum of 2 years experience in a similar position in related technologies. MSEE/MSCE highly desired
• Strong object oriented development experience in C#/Java or C++
• Software development experience in the .NET framework
• Experience with RF test equipment in a lab environment
• Familiarity with wireless communication technologies
• Experienced and comfortable with direct customer interaction to address and resolve complex technical issues.
• Ability to work across functional boundaries (Engineering, Global Services, Product Management) to achieve desired organization outcomes in assigned product areas.
• Technical and conversational English speaking and writing.
• Motivated, self-starter who likes challenging work.
• Possess strong problem solving skills and team-oriented approach.
• Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to travel internationally up to 25%.