POSITION: Hardware/Software Engineer
Fort Leavenworth, KS
Hardware/Software engineer to oversee and manage a team of Computer Support Technicians, providing IT support to various Fort Leavenworth-based organizations for as many as 300-500 end users. Technical duties require a level of experience and certification/training sufficient to provide “tier 2” troubleshooting/maintenance support for IT hardware/software. Additionally, military/IT staff experience appropriate to supporting the organization’s “IT staff function” is required. Tier 2 IAT credentialing is required and minimal Government or employer-provided training/certification is available. Work is either in Government or contractor-provided facilities in the vicinity of Leavenworth, Kansas.
Resumes and cover letters MUST minimally and directly address the qualifications specified below.
o Must meet the requirements of DoD 8570.01-M certifications for an IA Technical Level II (GSEC, Security+, SCNP, or SSCP)
- Demonstrated leadership experience for IT teams no smaller than five (5) individuals.
- At least 5+ years of experience in an organizational IT staff setting; 10+ years and experience in military or federal government organizations preferred
- Demonstrated experience in the areas below, sufficient to “backstop” front-line Computer Support Technicians
o MCTS 70-680 and/or MTITP 70-685 environment/certification required
o Server 2008 (70-640 and/or 70-642) certification required
o Knowledge of the following programs/software packages is required: Windows 7; Windows VISTA; Microsoft Office products, especially Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook; and Adobe Acrobat Professional
o Recent experience administering/managing SharePoint 2007 and Blackboard 9.1 desired
Applicant will be subject to Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Minimally, an Associate’s Degree from an accredited institution in computer science or a closely related IT field; a Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- Exemplary verbal and written communications skills and the demonstrated ability to work on small, multi-disciplinary teams
Advancia - 22 months ago
Advancia can help your hardware and software get ahead. The company provides systems integration and other information technology services...