We are looking for an experienced electrical hardware design engineer to work within a multidisciplinary medical device development team. This individual will be responsible for hardware aspects of the device and support the product during and after it transitions to manufacturing. This will require interface with both internal and contractor project personnel. The successful candidate will serve as part of the hardware engineering team for the project and should be comfortable working with multidisciplinary projects that require industrial design, mechanical, electronic, electro-mechanical, controls and software engineering.
• Design and development of digital and analog electronics. Perform detailed electronic design of microprocessor based platforms and related analog/digital circuits
• Generation of device specifications, error analysis, test documentation and execution of test protocols.
• Conduct design analysis on components and/or assemblies to assist in the development process by ensuring designs are cost efficient, manufacturability, customer focused, and reliable.
• Design and development of custom motor controls
• Design and development of custom weight scale, pressure transducer and optical sensor amplifiers.
• Performance of dFMEA
• Manage multiple assignments and deadlines.
• Bachelor of Science degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar required.
• Minimum 7 years prior experience.
• Experience with embedded systems/microprocessor based design experience
• Experience with CPLD, ARM, I2C, SPI, FPGA, Microcontrollers, and power circuits
• Experience with high-speed digital interfaces such as DDR/DDR2, PCIe, SATA, etc. preferred
• Experience with all aspects of product design including: requirements documentation, system architecture, design for manufacturing/design for test, design verification
• Experience working in teams including engineers from multiple engineering disciplines
• Experience with electrical design tools such as OrCAD Capture, SPICE and Mentor HyperLynx, Mathcad, Verilog, Mathworks Matlab preferred
• Strong communication skills including the ability to write technical specifications and design documentation, create and author templates for engineering documents, create project proposals with technical details, present verbally in one-on-one or group settings
• Ability to analyze customer requirements for feasibility, cost and development timeline
• Experienced in IEC60601-1 3rd edition and collateral design standard preferred
• Experience in medical device design or other regulated industries preferred
Entegee - 19 months ago