Intel Platform Engineering (IPE) is looking for an experienced, well-qualified engineer to investigate, develop, prototype, and evaluate new hardware technologies.
In this position, you will work with platform architects to investigate new technologies relevant to the Intel Media platforms. Working with industry partners, you will work to develop solutions that differentiate future product offerings. Part of the investigation will include prototyping potential solutions to gather data and draw conclusions on performance characteristics. Other activities might include investigating architectural needs for existing platforms, working with external silicon vendors to investigate new architectures, investigating bill of material (BOM) costing, weighing trade-offs on platform implementations, and developing detailed implementation specifications. Prototyping might include printed circuit board design, FPGA, and software development.
- You should possess a BS + 4 yrs. exp; or a MS degree + 3 yrs. exp. in EE, CE, or relevant technical degree.
- Strong experience in printed circuit board digital and analog circuit design
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for specification development and interfacing with design, software, manufacturing, and technical marketing engineers
- Strong working knowledge in theories of operation of common electronics building blocks including modern computing, interfaces, and power delivery
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with electrical specifications for industry standard interfaces
- Experience with design and verification of FPGA is preferred
USA-California, Santa Clara
Oct 23, 2012
Oct 24, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 7 months ago
We are game changers, plain and simple.
At Intel, we see the everyday as a bar that continually needs to be raised. Step inside our worl...