- This position is for a technical individual contributor within Advanced Module Technology Development (AMTD) group at Fab8 in Malta, NY. The individual selected for this position will work together with other GLOBALFOUNDRIES technology development and manufacturing groups at Fab8. Employee will participate in process development activities for advanced technical node. Projects will include development and optimization of module unit process for 20nm technologies and beyond, linking with other process engineering and integration groups. In addition to development experience, experience in optimizing unit process for manufacturability will be important. This position involves the transfer of technology to our Fab8 operation groups and you will be located to the Company’s Fab 8 operations in Malta, New York.
· Critical job position to handle 300mm wafer stack thru multiple 3D packaging tools
· Start up (install) 3D/TSV packaging tools to support R&D
· Support 3D/TSV processes with reliable HW performance
· Develop HW to provide low cost 3D/TSV processes
· Plan HW management to provide well-organized support for 3D/TSV processes
· Closely work with facility to drive design package
· Develop new documentation to manage 3D/TSV tool management
· Improve HW performance continuously working with suppliers thru CIP
· Bachelor's degree with 2 years of experience, Master’s degree with 1 year of experience, or PhD in Chemical Engineering, Material Science, and Electrical Engineering
· Experience with process development (CVD, PVD, Etch, CMP, bonding/debonding, thinning and so on) in 3D/TSV packaging
· Strong technical leadership required
Canddiate may be required to work night shift
· Experiences with 3D/TSV tool suppliers preferred
· Experience working in multi-cultural organization
· Self-starter with excellent work ethic
· Strong communication skills to develop strong inter-personnel relationship
· Candidates may be required to cover night/weekend shift
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the world's first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global manufacturing and technology footprint. Launched in March 2009 through a partnership between AMD [NYSE: AMD] and the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC), GLOBALFOUNDRIES provides a unique combination of advanced technology, manufacturing excellence and global operations. With the integration of Chartered in January 2010, GLOBALFOUNDRIES significantly expanded its capacity and ability to provide best-in-class foundry services from mainstream to the leading edge.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is headquartered in Silicon Valley with manufacturing operations in Singapore, Dresden, and a new leading-edge Fab under construction in Saratoga County, New York. These sites are supported by a global network of R&D, design enablement, and customer support in Singapore, China, Taiwan, Japan, the United States, Germany, and the United Kingdom.
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).
GLOBALFOUNDRIES - 20 months ago