Hardware Technical Support - Technology Consultant III
Hardware Technical Support
Plan and coordinate the installation/de-installation of all Computer related Hardware in the
to include the floor space planning, fiber infrastructure cabling, power/environmental requests. Maintain support documentation relating to the cabling of the installed/planned hardware in the
Provide second level support for hardware related problems. Coordinate hardware maintenance functions with vendors and other functional groups in HPES. Participation in on-call support will be a requirement.
Minimum 2 years experience
Candidate must be able to get a clearance, or US Citizen.
Secret clearance is preferred.
Education and Experience Required:
5+ years of professional experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (8+ years in total).
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Has sufficient depth and breadth of technical knowledge to be individually responsible for the design and scope of deliverables within a field of expertise. Has led small team in delivery of a specific deliverable.
· Has mastered at least one technical discipline with strong knowledge in at least three major technology areas. Possesses advanced level of business, technical, or functional knowledge.
· Has ability to perform/drive resolution of problems on combinations and interactions of products. Ability to apply technology and consulting to solve a client business problem.
· Able to communicate and present complex issues with assurance and confidence. Demonstrates the use of consulting skills including: questioning, listening, ideas development, permission and rapport, and influencing.
· Ability to conduct/lead oral status/technical interchange meetings with clients on small to medium sized engagements.
· Owns and produces customer documentation. Ability to translate technical details into concise and easy to understand written form. Ability to write relevant components of a proposal document (e.g. answer specific RFP questions). Ability to translate verbal requirements from face to face client meetings into requirements documents, statements of work, and proposals.
· Able to discuss (within own area of expertise) requirements with a customer, and to challenge and clarify when appropriate. From the requirements, able to develop a high level design or plan, and then estimate the amount of effort required to deliver. Able to advise the engagement owner about the risks associated with this work package.
· Ability to work with a team to provide written responses to technical proposals and /or reports/documentation for delivery.
HP - 22 months ago
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA...