Gilbarco Veeder-Root represents the leading brands of solutions and technologies that provide convenience, control, and environmental integrity for retail fueling and adjacent markets.
In 2002, the Gilbarco and Veeder-Root companies combined into one marketing brand, with distinctive and complementary business lines, services, and sales capabilities.
Gilbarco is a leading global supplier of fuel dispensing equipment, fully integrated point of sale systems for the global petroleum marketplace. Gilbarco is headquartered in Greensboro, North Carolina with sales, manufacturing, research, development, and service locations in North and South America, Europe, Asia, the Pacific Rim and Australia.
The position is for a mid-level technician who will support new product design and existing product sustaining activities.
1. Support digital and analog printed circuit board design and prototype activity, including
2. Support mechanical prototyping
- PCB kitting
- Test fixture design and build
- First build debug and test
3. Support system integration and field deployment activities/trials for new products
4. Minor sheet metal forming and drilling
5. Design and build cables and electronic test fixtures
6. General laboratory administration and maintenance tasks
Associate degree in electronics technology with experience in an electronics development or manufacturing prototyping organization
- Soldering skills, including for SMT components
- Use of standard electronic test equipment
- Understanding of analog and digital circuits
- Experience in debugging production printed circuit boards
- Experience with microprocessors, displays and power supplies
- Experience with software development is a plus
Danaher Corporation designs, manufactures, and markets professional, medical, industrial, and consumer products, which all generate approximately $17 Billion in revenue. Danaher’s business activities encompass four reporting segments and are comprised of six strategic platforms: Medical Technologies, Professional Instrumentation (Environmental, Electronic Test), Industrial Technologies (Motion, Product ID, Focused Niche Businesses) and Tools & Components (Mechanic’s Hand Tools).
Danaher operates globally with about 50% of its revenues derived from outside the United States. The Company has significant operating businesses headquartered in Europe and has greatly expanded its operating presence in Asia over the past several years. Danaher is a well-capitalized business, which has historically used available cash flow to fund acquisition activity.
Culturally, the company operates in a highly decentralized model with a corporate structure that has less than 50 associates. Danaher has a proven system for achieving performance: the Danaher Business System (DBS). It drives every aspect of the group’s culture and performance. DBS is a system of continuous improvement and is used to guide and measure everyday activities, which has enabled it to double in size about every 4-years with impressive financial performance.
North America-United States-NC-Greensboro
Gilbarco wants to give you gas. The company (which does business as Gilbarco Veeder-Root) supplies gas stations with retail point-of-sale...