Rolls-Royce, a world-leading provider of power systems and services for use on land, at sea and in the air, operates in four global markets - civil aerospace, defense aerospace, marine and energy. We continue to invest in core technologies, products, people and capabilities with the objective of broadening and strengthening the product portfolio, improving efficiency and enhancing the environmental performance of its products.
The Externals Design Engineer is responsible for the design and development of air and fuel manifolds, lubrication tube assemblies, electrical wiring harnesses, and static structures for gas turbine engines. This role involves the integration of many areas of knowledge and expertise to create and support complex systems that enable reliable engine operation under highly challenging conditions. The Mechanical Design Engineer requires a broad-based engine system understanding of the interactions between the various engine subsystems, including compressors, turbines, combustion, air, fuel, and lubrication system operation, etc. Therefore, design experience in compressor, turbine, combustion, or whole engine system design is beneficial.
- Design of external engine components such as tube assemblies and manifolds (fuel, lube, and air), unit support brackets, electrical harnesses, and cold structures
- Design tasks will support new product introduction (NPI) programs and production programs. In addition, this position will provide timely support to operations by troubleshooting and resolving assembly build and hardware issues, test anomalies, and field operational issues
- Typical deliverables include drawings, technical reports, change documentation, product definition gate review materials, and written technical assessments of hardware condition as needed
Rolls-Royce has a broad customer base comprising 600 airlines, 4,000 corporate and utility aircraft and helicopter operators, 160 armed forces, more than 2,000 marine customers including 70 navies, and energy customers in 120 countries. Rolls-Royce is a technology leader, employing 38,000 people in offices, manufacturing and service facilities in 50 countries.
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer.
Rolls-Royce is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and a barrier-free employment process.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Electrical Engineering and 2 years of experience designing components for gas turbine engines or aerospace products
- or Masters degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Electrical Engineering with 0 years of design experience
- 1 year engine harness design experience
- US Citizenship with the ability to gain a US Government security clearance is required
- The ability to assimilate inputs from multiple sources and derive design and operational requirements from them is highly beneficial
- Technical skills required include familiarity with Siemens/Unigraphics NX modelling software, ANSYS and/or ANSYS Workbench, or similar finite element software
- Experience in performing basic structural analyses is desirable
- Proficiency in MS Office software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are also required, as is the ability to effectively function in a highly dynamic, team based environment
- The capability to apply robust design principles and apply statistical techniques to datasets via software such as Minitab
Rolls-Royce - 17 months ago
Rolls-Royce plc is a global company providing power on land, sea, and air. The company has established leading positions in civil aerospace,...