The primary purpose of this position is to provide general management and development of the College's Division II intercollegiate team, operating within the guidelines of The College of Saint Rose and its affiliations. Overall responsibilities include recruitment of talented student-athletes; overseeing pre-season and post-season conditioning and related activities and coaching of in-season practices and contests. The successful candidate will work closely and effectively with athletics administrators as well as project and represent The College of Saint Rose in a positive and professional manner.
- Actively recruit talented high school and transfer students; working closely with Admissions & athletics staff
- Hold pre-season tryouts, select and verify team roster and maintain up-to-date student-athlete status report throughout the academic year
- Maintain a regular schedule and daily record of practices & athletically related activities for pre/in/post-season
- Accept responsibility for program equipment including maintaining inventory of equipment, uniforms and supplies
- Accept responsibility for managing program's operational budget and following fundraising procedures
- Promote and coordinate community service/volunteer efforts for team members each year
- Accept responsibility for compliance with NCAA and Northeast-10 Conference rules & regulations
- Attend and participate in related staff meetings, conference meetings and selected College-sponsored programs
- Bachelor's degree
- Participation in tennis or related athletic experience at the varsity or professional level
- Previous coaching or teaching experience
- Intermediate level computer skills using a Windows based operating system, specifically MS Word, Excel, and Internet.
- Valid drivers license and the ability to travel to away competitions on evenings and weekends
- Annual First Aid/CPR/AED Certification
Season schedule: mid-August through mid-May; including occasional meetings in summer
Practices and matches are held afternoons and weekends during the competive season
Includes travel to away competitions
Salary: $8,500 per academic year; annual contract July 1-June 30
Participation in the College's tuition remission plan at 50% is included in compensation
The College of Saint Rose values diversity and abides by federal, state and local law in admissions, employment and all services and programs provided. It does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion/creed, disability, age, national/ethnic origin, sexual orientation or any other condition established by law.
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit your credentials online. Create a College of Saint Rose Employment Account by clicking on the APPLY NOW tab below. You will be able to upload the following documents, which are required for consideration:
Already have a College of Saint Rose Employment Account ? Login to add documents or update your account.
- Cover letter
- Contact information for three professional references
The College of Saint Rose - 15 months ago