Job Title: Head Custodian
Location: Rock Springs Junior High
Reports To: Principal/Director of Custodial Services
Terms of Employment:
Supervises more than 10 employees
Nature and Scope of Job:
To perform duties of supervision, operation, care, cleaning, maintenance, and security of assigned facility and site to provide a clean, comfortable, safe, attractive environment to promote the mission of the Sweetwater County School District: "Teaching Effectively-Learning Successfully".
1. Provides direct supervision of assigned personnel daily.
2. Organizes, maintains, and participates in a daily schedule of work assignments for all building custodial personnel.
3. Generates, verifies, and delivers to appropriate building personnel all employee time records daily.
4. Prepares custodial supply and equipment budget annually.
5. Maintains inventory of cleaning supplies and maintenance items on a monthly basis.
6. Works with sales people, their equipment and custodial chemicals.
7. Conducts periodic training on equipment and materials for assigned personnel.
8. Accepts department responsibilities for daily security of facility.
9. Operates physical plant systems daily.
10. Identifies minor maintenance requirements and arranges work orders for major repairs.
11. Uses positive verbal and non-verbal communication skills at all times when working with district staff, students, and members of the community.
12. Complies with local laws and procedures for he storage and disposal of trash, rubbish and waste.
13. Participates in in-service training programs as appropriate.
14. Assist in procuring necessary supplies and materials.
15. Ability to trouble shoot and repair defective equipment. (Small scale jobs)
16. Certified pool operator endorsement required.
17. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Performs snow removal when required.
2. Schedules and performs weekend and holiday building checks.
3. Provides assistance to building staff members on request.
4. Ability to act with general instructions and learn tasks of considerable variety and complexity.
5. Conducts performance evaluations under principal direction annually.
6. Works at other buildings upon request.
7. Responds to security breeches in the building.
8. Supervises athletic event setup.
9. Supervises chemical operations for he pool and water treatment systems, and maintains the necessary endorsement/license where applicable.
10. Knowledge of general maintenance, proper use of safety equipment, and keeping work areas clean.
11. Ability to communicate clearly with district employees and the public.
12. Ability to work off scaffolding, ladders and erect both.
13. Oversees and performs repairs on district custodial equipment.
14. Maintain a valid drivers license.
15. Work unscheduled hours as needed.
EMPLOYEES ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ALL DUTIES OF THIS JOB
Job Qualifications:Knowledge, Skills and Mental ability:
Requires 2 years commercial cleaning experience.
Experience as a school custodian or the equivalent in custodial service in other institutions and firms.
Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in the basic techniques in custodial, minor repairs.
Supervisory experience would be beneficial.
Minimum Requirements (Education, Experience or Formal Training):
High School Diploma or Equivalent.
Reading ability adequate to follow directions resulting in making effective work decisions.
Certified pool operator endorsement/license must be maintained.
Portable Power Tools
- All equipment related to maintenance responsibilities, such as: automobile, hand tools, power tools, and tools required to perform the various jobs assigned.
Lower body strength to stand/walk throughout work shift.
Upper body strength to lift 85 pounds and carry 50 feet.
Climb various scaffolding and ladders somewhat frequently relative to other tasks.
Ability to frequently stoop, kneel, and reach.
Moderate exposure to weather extremes of minus 40 degrees Fahrenheit to positive 110 degrees Fahrenheit.
Frequent exposure to sawdust, insulation, abrasives, and common dust.
Frequent exposure to various supplies containing hazardous materials or chemicals.
k12jobspot.com - 2 years ago