The current vacancy is in Correctional Health with the St. Paul/Ramsey County Department of Public Health.
To participate in and direct the activities of nursing staff in the provision of nursing care; to coordinate designated programs and/or services; and to perform related duties as assigned.
To view or print a copy of the complete Ramsey County job (class) description for this job, go to: Job Descriptions . Once at this page, you can browse the alphabetical list of job descriptions.
Examples of Work Performed:
RAMSEY COUNTY CARE CENTER ASSIGNMENT
- Ensure proper staffing of the assigned shift or clinic or program by calling in staff as needed to maintain adequate coverage, make staffing assignments or re-assignments, and otherwise ensure adequate coverage.
- Monitor care provided to clients by performing client assessments and reviewing clinical records.
- Provide instruction or guidance to staff concerning procedures for providing nursing care.
- Assist in care planning, assessments, and development of quality assurance records for clients.
- Monitor the delivery of nursing and multidisciplinary health services through quality assurance monitoring systems and observations of direct care.
- Transcribe and document physician orders and inform staff and/or other contracted vendors or community partners, of changes in ordered treatments, routine orders, and medications.
- Assist licensed nurses and /or medical assistants with management of medications, treatments, or other skilled nursing services as needed.
- Perform duties as specified for RN positions as required.
RAMSEY COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH ASSIGNMENT
- Participate in daily meetings with nursing staff to discuss client care needs, activities, special events, documentation of issues, and to provide consultation on individual cases.
- Participate in and direct, in the capacity of shift or unit supervisor, the nursing service functions carried out on an assigned shift.
- Conduct performance evaluations for nursing staff as directed.
- Participate in the staff disciplinary process. Issue verbal and written reprimand as situation warrants.
- Coordinate and complete the Resident Assessment process (Minimum Data Set) and ensure regulatory requirements are met for their designated unit.
- Depending on assignment may have: a) charge of a designated nursing station, including work direction of staff; b) temporary charge of all nursing home activities in the capacity of shift supervisor, including work direction of staff, with authority to act as designated by the Director of Nursing; c) special assignment such as coordinating and/or providing all in-house training, or coordinating Point Click Care activities; or d) direct grant activities and ensure grant requirements are met.
- Oversee Medical Assistants management of medications, treatments, and vaccinations as needed.
- Discuss client care needs, activities and documentation of issues, and to provide consultation on individual cases at Ramsey County correctional health sites.
- Provide orientation and mentoring of newly hired health care staff, including health care services orientation for newly hired correctional officers at correctional health sites.
- Meet, as needed, with correctional staff to develop health care and activity plans for clients in correctional health care sites.
- Coordinate, as needed, boarders from other counties and jurisdictions to provide agreed upon care and services.
- Meet, as needed, with correctional staff, physicians, nurse practitioners and other health care professionals to develop health care and activity plans for clients in correctional health care sites.
- Participate in setting goals and new priorities for facility programs and services.
- Assure all program requirements are met for grant/specially funded programs.
- Direct and administer grant activities and fulfills program reporting requirements.
- As assigned work with Minnesota Department of Health to meet state and county goals in disease prevention and refugee screening.
- Represent the St. Paul-Ramsey County Public Health Department at the Minnesota Department of Health program specific meetings and other professional organization meetings.
Education: Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Minnesota.
Experience: Two years' experience as a Registered Nurse.
Exam/Screening Process Information:
Examination: NO EXAMINATION WILL BE GIVEN FOR HEAD NURSE.
The names of all applicants who meet the minimum qualifications stated above and who file a properly completed application and supplemental application will be placed on the eligible list for employment.
Names will remain on the list for six months or until hired, whichever occurs first. A notice will be sent to applicants at the time of posting of the eligible list.
Applicants who are eligible for veteran's preference should submit or update their veteran's claim form by Friday, February 8, 2013.
Criminal Background Checks: All employment offers are conditioned upon the applicant passing a criminal background check. Convictions are not an automatic bar to employment. Each case is considered on its individual merits and the type of work sought. However, making false statements or withholding information will cause you to be barred from employment, or removed from employment.
For further information regarding this posting, please contact Jennifer Otley at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (651) 266-2721.