Boulder County's Head Start Program is currently accepting applications for a part-time Head Start Teacher position working in a brand new center in Lafayette for the 2013-2014 school year starting in the Fall of 2013.
The schedule for this position will be:
Mondays 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (Planning Day)
Tuesdays through Fridays 8:45 a.m to 1:15 p.m.
The Head Start Teacher is responsible to ensure the safety and well-being of the children in her/his care, to develop and implement an effective early childhood education program and work with the families of those children.
Examples of Duties:
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develops weekly lesson plans based on the Federal Performance Standards.
2. Administers developmental screenings on each child based on the date of enrollment.
3. Assesses ongoing skill development of each child, using the Teaching Strategies Creative Curriculum GOLD, and adheres to reporting deadlines established by the Colorado Department of Education.
4. Participates in identifying and assessing children with special needs. Participates in
conferences and staffings for these children. Once Individual Education Plans (IEP) are
developed, teachers implement them in the classroom as applicable.
5. Facilitates the connection between home and school through regularly scheduled home visits and conferences and develops various opportunities for family involvement in classroom activities based on federal mandates.
6. Maintains classroom files and uses reports to inform teaching practice.
7. Conducts performance appraisals for teacher aide with oversight from Senior Education Coordinator.
8. Attends required meetings.
9. Performs related work and assigned tasks as required.
Bachelors degree in Early Childhood Education or a closely related field with 35 credits or more of course work relating to Early Childhood Education. (Trascripts will be requested.)
Experience: One (1) year of preschool teaching experience.
Current CPR/First Aid Certification and Medication Administration (or must be able to
obtained within 30 days of hire).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Working knowledge of the practices and principles of early childhood education. Good organization and time management skills. Ability to supervise and instruct preschool children and children with special needs individually and in groups. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Ability to work effectively with diverse families, including families living in poverty, other employees, and the public. Ability to work as part of a team, channeling communications appropriately and exercising good interpersonal skills.
Job offer is contingent on passing a criminal background check.
Veterans are encouraged to apply for Boulder County jobs that match their education and/or experience.