Education/Training: A high school diploma or equivalent with an emphasis in accounting or business curriculum; college degree preferred; successful completion of First United Bank & Trust CSR Certification Program; obtain and maintain appropriate Bank Product Knowledge Certification.
Skill(s): Proficient reading, writing, grammar, accounting, analytical, and mathematics skills; moderate computer skills; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills; basic knowledge of Bank’s products and services to recognize new business referral opportunities; ability to lift approximately fifty (50) lbs. of coin; demonstrated supervisory skills; visual and auditory skills.
Experience: A minimum of two (2) years' experience in related positions normally required.
Responsible for directly supervising customer service staff in order to provide efficient and accurate paying and receiving services; participating with the Community Office Manager or Customer Service & Operations Manager in establishing specific goals for the unit; ensuring unit compliance with all operating policies and procedures; directly supervising assigned personnel; communicating with appropriate personnel; providing periodic reports; performing all of the duties of a Customer Service Representative II.
1. Directly supervises customer service staff in order to provide efficient and accurate paying and receiving services as follows:
a. Ensures that Customer Service Representatives are providing complete paying and receiving services to customers.
b. Ensures that all paying and receiving, balancing, and operational activities are done efficiently and according to policy; this includes the activities of customer service personnel, ATM services, and other paying and receiving activities.
c. Ensures that the Customer Service Representatives work as part of the customer service team and that they take advantage of new business referral opportunities.
d. Ensures the coordination of work, i.e., makes certain that the work of the customer service personnel is coordinated with other positions in the office, with centralized operations personnel, and other departments and units.
e. Ensures the preparation of other related reports as assigned by the Community Office Manager or Customer Service & Operations Manager.
f. Makes certain that all Customer Service Representatives have an adequate supply of cash to conduct business; maintains branch level of cash according to the Cash Level Target.
g. Balances and maintains currency and coin.
h. Orders all currency and coin for the office; ships extra money.
i. Balances vault cash each day for the office.
j. Reviews over & short report and ensures all discrepancies are cleared or fixed.
k. Reviews and completes decisions for paying overdrafts.
l. Completes and submits the branch alarm test to the Security Officer monthly.
m. Orders supplies as needed.
n. Performs other related duties as assigned.
2. Participates with the Community Office Manager or Customer Service & Operations Manager in establishing specific goals for the unit; implements strategies to achieve these goals.
3. Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
4. Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the bank's compliance with all regulatory requirements, e.g. Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act, etc.; ensures that the unit and all personnel adhere to the same.
5. Directly supervises assigned personnel as follows:
a. Assists in the selection of new personnel as appropriate.
b. Makes provisions for the proper orientation and training of new personnel; trains new personnel as required.
c. Reviews employee performance throughout the probationary period and on a regularly scheduled basis thereafter.
d. Organizes, schedules, and distributes work among assigned personnel.
e. Keeps personnel informed of pertinent policies and procedures affecting the unit and/or their jobs; creates an atmosphere in which upward communication from employees is encouraged.
f. Administers personnel policies and procedures as established by bank policy.
6. Communicates with the Community Office Manager or Customer Service & Operations Manager, other supervisors, and appropriate staff personnel in order to integrate activities.
7. Provides timely reporting to the Community Office Manager or Customer Service & Operations Manager and other appropriate groups or individuals.
8. Performs all the duties of a Customer Service Representative II. (See Customer Service Representative II Job Description.)
1. Performs tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or re-designed depending upon individual circumstances.
Office location as assigned
3. Copy machine
4. Fax machine
5. PC/Computer keyboard
7. Currency/Coin machines
8. Branch Capture equipment
9. Cash Advance equipment
10. ATM machines
12. Currency verifier
13. Combination lock
14. Check cutter
15. Office doors and security equipment
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
First United Bank and Trust - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard