PTD (Post Trade Derivatives) is the Capital Markets Business Unit that runs the Post Trade software and services offering dedicated to the derivatives market participants globally. It includes software products¸ data feed and services for the Middle and Back Office operations such as Stream Clearvision / GMI / Ubix.
Our clients are financial institutions trading and/or selling and/or clearing derivatives products. Clients’ size range from small private banks or arcade shops up to the largest derivatives market participants in the world. A large number of Tier One financial organizations are using PTD products, especially Clearvision and GMI. A lot of these large organizations are global, with business and/or processing hubs distributed across regions.
SunGard PTD is currently seeking an experienced candidate to serve as the Head of Americas Services.
- Manage Americas PTD Customer Services, covering all aspects from level 1 support, Professional Services, Managed Account Representatives and other consulting endeavors, implementation projects, client custom projects and bespoke development. Become part of the global customer services senior management team and create a unified, world class experience for PTD clients, ensuring Customer Services is a key element in attracting new clients or satisfying and retaining the existing ones.
- Standardize practices and procedures. Assist to define, introduce, track and continuously report the relevant set of KPIs for the region.
- Work with global management team to productize services as a way to deliver our value more homogeneously to PTD customers and to increase the PS revenue. Collaborate with the PTD Products’ groups and the regional sales organizations to define such services.
- Make ethic, respect, professionalism, accountability and integrity key values to both your own and your staff practices. Promote SunGard PTD values internally and externally. Contribute to making PTD Customer Services an enjoyable place to work in.
- Regularly meet with clients to review and discuss customer services issues and strategic plans, both from SunGard and client perspective. Work within PTD to promote additional services improvements as discussed/required by clients.
- Practices: assist in developing, enforce, track and review the PTD set of Customer Services Best Practices, covering ALL aspects of a client’s interaction with SunGard PTD, from the initial implementation project to the day to day relationship management, in close collaboration with regional head peers.
- Activity Tracking: Generate and track KPIs to ensure services are consistently providing best service cross products. Track Customer Services related activities: workloads, implementations, migrations and upgrades, customer satisfaction, services usages.
- Implementation, Release, and Migration Projects: Ensure implementation, release / migration projects are consistently managed, in close collaboration and coordination with product groups and/or sales reps: initial project planning, project governance using PTD PMM framework, customer and third parties communication, KPIs definition and tracking, open issues management, successful go-live, early care management etc. + continuous reporting to Product Groups, PTD Management, regional sales organizations etc.
- Professional Services: Homogenize professional services across products: constantly review existing practices to ensure they are the best, select, adapt, change, unify, document, test, price, launch, train staff on, track diffusion and success and review over time. Work with regional services heads to maintain a catalogue of PTD Services offering – create new ones with the goal of enhancing PTD Customers’ experience and SunGard revenues.
- Product Policy: contribute to the product strategy definition - leverage the relationship with the customers so as to contribute to PTD domain and industry expertise globally, to allow for market trends, customer needs and pain points to be detected, understood and answered, in close cooperation with the product groups and the sales organizations.
- Organization: contribute to reviewing and optimizing regional Customer Services in collaboration with other regional Heads. Define Americas staffing levels (size, skills and locations), initial and ongoing training, vertical and horizontal mobility, career management and talent tracking. Contribute to reviewing and challenging principles in terms of global practices, regional hubs, local vs. centralized pools of specialists, recruitment, training boot camps, etc.
Able to provide staff with career mentoring guidance.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent of education and experience
- At least 10 years of experience working within the Financial Markets industry. The preferred candidate will have experience working on creating frame-works and best practices solutions to create best of breed customer services models.
- Extensive experience in a Customer Service/Client relationship role, within the financial services/derivatives industry
- Experience with software products and related services
- Experience organizing, motivating and managing staff
SunGard’s solutions for capital markets help banks, broker/dealers and futures commission merchants increase the efficiency and transparency of securities and derivatives processing. They also provide accounting, securities financing, data management and tax reporting across multiple platforms, asset classes and markets. Supporting the entire trade lifecycle from execution to settlement, SunGard provides centralized transactional databases that deliver consolidated views of positions and risk.
- A strong sense of leadership is required to help conduct what is a significant change to the PTD Customer Services practices within NA and assist as part of global services management team
- Pragmatism and rigor is essential
- Ability to structure, organize and define processes
- Must have a collaborative and balanced attitude to properly interact with sales and product groups
- A multicultural sensitivity, along with creativity and the ability to think out of the box to define new and innovative services is required
Capitalize on Change
In speaking to our customers, we hear three universal business challenges that need to be addressed in an ever-changing financial services landscape: delivering transparency to internal and external stakeholders, increasing efficiency for cost management and leveraging networks for growth. Please join the conversation at www.sungard.com/ten .
SunGard - 9 months ago