T-Systems shapes the networked future of business and society and creates value for customers, employees and investors thanks to innovative ICT solutions. T-Systems is Deutsche Telekom’s corporate customer arm. Using a global infrastructure of data centers and networks, T-Systems operates information and communication technology (ICT) systems for multinational corporations and public sector institutions. With offices in over 20 countries and global delivery capabilities, T-Systems serves companies in all industries – from the automotive industry to telecommunications, the financial sector, retail, services, media, energy and the manufacturing industry all the way to government agencies and the healthcare sector. Approximately 47,600 employees worldwide use their industry expertise and ICT know-how to provide top-quality service. T-Systems generated revenue of around EUR 9.2 billion in the 2011 financial year. Job Description Your focus is in particular on the development of large, complex deals for T-Systems with a volume between 10 and 150 million euros in the Workplace Solutions. They identify and develop new deal for centrally provided workplace model from the cloud, and bring these deals to completion
The Role is a member of the strategic consultancy & Pre-sales unit in Americas, specifically devoted to provide Industry specific and trusted advise on our Workplace Solutions & Services Technology portfolio to our customers. By supporting all our service lines the Strategic Initiative practice will mainly help the T-Systems sales organization in:
Profile The individual is a highly skilled professional, who are able to cover the position of (senior / principle) Business Development Manager, with a background in one or more of the following areas:
- Sales opportunity generation through high level advisory missions, workshops, and marketing events, at early stages of customer decision process
- Increase project win ratio, by providing the required expertise during the sales process and bid opportunities
- Reduce implementation risks and increase customers and partners satisfaction by supporting and guiding the local delivery teams during the project life with high level expertise, best practices, managerial experience and quality assurance
- Generate new customer engagement approaches and propositions, which will create competitive differentiation and a high value to the T-Systems solution offering.
Leading the T-Systems workplace solutions in North America practice, the individual will be working mainly across US, Canada and Latin America with the option to deliver upon request into other countries globally. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Business architecture, being extremely well versed in one or more primary industry business process areas, preferably with an IT financial and investment (M&A) background
- Infrastructure platform architecture, virtualization & global application Delivery solutions including front-, mid- and back-office orientation and a sound functional background
- Technical (Service Oriented) architecture, including integration and data centric/web centric expertise
Through strategic partnerships and the collaboration in all project phases with senior customer management, the Business Development Manager will clearly identify customer's business & IT requirements and translating and align them with IT portfolio strategies.
The Business Development Manager will participate in:
- Sales Enablement in Americas
- Sales and presales support.
- Co-operate with the T-Systems Sales team in America as well as with selected sales advisors , in order to achieve the best proposition to the customer.
- Consulting missions, working mainly on initiating and managing strategic partnerships with customers, as in advisory boards and steering committees after account qualification in account strategy teams, initiating the enterprise architectural engagement, performing discovery workshops, collecting and analyzing user requirements, portfolio and project evaluation, business valuation of IT, enterprise wide IT road maps, gap analysis and T-Systems services and solutions recommendation,
- Building long term, sustainable partner and client relationships that are focused on the gradual renewal of the EA roadmaps over time and seeing to it, that the original plans and programs are successfully executed and expanded profitably by T-Systems and its partners.
Responsible for the management of the TSNA sales force to ensure that the relevant Order Entry targets for the group are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet or surpass revenue objectives set by the company
- Motivate, manage and direct the North American Sales Force
- Set priorities amongst the sales force to ensure that sales effort is channeled towards finding and closing opportunities that T-Systems is in the best position to win
- Create and maintain a sales plan throughout the year identifying strategies and tactics that are to be implemented throughout the year
- Develop and manage sales incentive programs
- Submit sales management reports on a timely basis as directed by senior management
- Study market trends
- Participate in industry tradeshows and conferences as required
- Recruit new people to the Sales Force as required
- Display professional behavior at all times
- Perform other duties as required
- Maintain regular, predictable attendance
- Must have at least ten years experience within the IT outsourcing industry and a minimum of 5 years sales management experience
- Must have existing relationships within the Business Services customer base with sourcing advisor relationships a big plus
- Must be a “hunter” with strong deal negotiation experience
- Must be results driven, autonomous, entrepreneurial, show initiative, and be able to deal with ambiguity
- Must be a team player and have leadership and decision making skills
- Must be computer literate
- Must be articulate and an excellent communicator; Ability to converse in German may be an asset
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s a plus
T-Systems North America, Inc.
Information and Communication Technology (ICT) connects people and markets worldwide! Deutsche Telekom is one of the leading international companies in ICT. With round about 235.000 employees in 50 countries, we provide innovative solutions to our clients. T-Systems is one of the three successful brands of Deutsche Telekom. We serve large customers and multinational companies through our global infrastructure of data centers and networks. With the help of innovative technology we develop integrated solutions for connected life and work. Let us together shape the world of tomorrow!
- 2 years ago - save job