FarmVille - Franchise Head of Marketing
The FarmVille franchise head of marketing acts as the “chief marketing officer” for the FarmVille brand and its family of games and products. In partnership with the game studio leaders, this individual will champion and grow the FarmVille brand by developing, owning and driving a strategic brand & marketing plan, leveraging a network of cross-functional internal and external partners. Successful candidates will have a clear focus on customer acquisition, growing revenue, and driving key awareness and engagement metrics to deliver value to the franchise.
- Marketing strategy: Create strategic marketing plan for the overall FarmVille brand and individual games
- Brand research: Lead ongoing efforts around brand tracking, audience segmentation, behaviors & insights
- Brand management: Own & maintain the positioning, vision, & goals of the FarmVille brand. Act as the voice of the brand with partner teams (ad sales, business development, PR, and Zynga.org) and external organizations (agencies, licensing partners) to ensure programs are on strategy and a brand fit.
- Strategic marketing: Conduct market/competitive analyses and develop strategies to create integrated marketing plans for new and live games, including budget recommendations for new product launches. Evaluate performance across channels, making recommendations for optimizations.
- Marketing campaign development: Coordinate production & execution of advertising, PR, media, and promotions with internal and external agencies and partner teams. Track and report campaign ROI.
- Communications: Lead cross-functional, cross-organizational teams, ensuring alignment and prioritization of resources. Serve as the central hub to partner & game teams.
- 10 or more years of senior leadership experience in consumer product marketing or brand management; gaming industry (particularly mobile) knowledge is a strong plus
- Expert knowledge of marketing principles, brand building, performance advertising, digital marketing, and social media
- Experience developing and executing licensing programs and delivering brand extensions
- Demonstrated track record of success & performance launching new products and executing creative, integrated marketing programs
- Ability to work independently, leading cross-organizational teams to deliver against the franchise business goals
- Experience developing market analyses and research programs and the ability to translate them into actions
- Expert verbal & written communication skills
Zynga - 14 months ago