Mosaica Education, Inc. is a global leader in education reform. Mosaica-managed schools have yielded superior academic results to date by utilizing a unique school design, which combines a proprietary curriculum Paragon®, with state-of-the-art technology.
Mosaica has served more than 40,000 students in the last 15 years. It currently operates over 80 elementary, middle and high school programs in eight states, the District of Columbia and internationally. Mosaica is using its years of experience working with schools in the U.S. to develop independent and private schools around the world, that provide quality education programs tailored to their particular needs and cultures.
Master’s degree in education, management or related field is required; minimum three years outstanding experience as a Head of School/Principal/District-level school administrator or related administrative/management position; superior written and oral communications skills; must be well respected as an education and community leader; must possess the belief and urgency that all students will excel academically. Candidates will be asked to provide data that illustrates gains made in achieving AYP.
Provides instructional leadership and excellent student achievement focus on the four basic elements of curriculum, instruction, performance, and evaluation
Salary is commensurate with experience and includes enrollment incentives. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan including medical, dental, vision and 401K. Qualified candidates should apply at www.mosaicaeducation.com/careers .
- Shares responsibility for development and implementation of the school’s strategic plan
- Develops policy recommendations for the Board’s consideration and action
- Files required reports with local, state and federal education agencies, Board of Trustees
- Maintains administrative records
- Implements school budget, analyzes and controls expenditures with an understanding of the relationship between the instructional program and the budget process, and relies on cost benefit analyses for budgetary decisions
- Prepares schedules, assigns staff, sets job performance standards, and evaluates staff
- Generates public support for the school’s program and education in general as the public information officer of the school and supervisor of the overall public relations program
- Develops a Code of Student Conduct which defines responsibilities of administrators, teachers, parents, and students and which creates a safe, secure school for learning
- Represents the Charter School at local, state, and national events
- Develops effective staff and professional development programs that match school goals and individual goals to improve performance and model continuous professional improvement
- Uses technology effectively for administrative, instructional, and communications functions
- Demonstrates adeptness with the Paragon Curriculum® and monitors its proper implementation and assessment
- Knows school law, including the implications on the educational program and on liability, keeps abreast of developments and consults with the board members in times of uncertainty
- Carries out marketing plans to attract students to the Charter School
- Participates in local and state CAO/principals’ associations and the Association of Public School Charter Schools
- Serves as a role model who acknowledges through actions and behaviors, the critical value of human relationships to the satisfaction of personal and professional goals and to the achievement of organizational purpose
- Provides ethical leadership within the intellectual, cultural, economic, political, and governmental context in which the school operates
MEI is an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our innovative schools, please visit our web site at http://www.mosaicaeduation.com/ .
Mosaica Education - 19 months ago