This position is located in Serra Mesa.
12-hour shift: 7:00 pm - 7:30 am, working every other weekend.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Current CPR certification required
- Telemetry monitoring certification preferred
- 6 months experience in a healthcare setting required
- 1 year as unit clerk/secretary and one 1 year as Nursing Assistant in acute care preferred
- Telemetry experience preferred
- Certified Nursing Assistant preferred
- Secretarial/administrative experience a plus
- Must be competent with written and spoken English language
Responsibilities include Unit Clerk, Nursing Assistant, and Tele Tech duties.
Short Stay Observation Department is a 32 bed unit at Sharp Memorial Hospital. This department receives a broad spectrum of post procedure (including cardiac cath, lap chole, thyroidectomy) and with rule-out diagnoses (including chest pain, arrhythmias, syncope, SOB, trauma). Patients typically stay no longer than 48hrs. The department is staffed with dynamic and experienced progressive care nurses. The patient population varies, with the goal of providing exemplary care in a timely manner that helps expedite the patient's discharge. If you have enthusiasm for nursing, a love of learning, and a positive team approach, this department might be the right fit for you!
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfers
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment back ground checks before starting work.
Sharp Healthcare - 16 months ago
The docs and the scalpels are sharp at Sharp Memorial Hospital. The flagship facility of Sharp HealthCare, the not-for-profit hospital...