Health Net, Inc. is a publicly traded managed care organization that delivers managed health care services through health plans and government-sponsored managed care plans. Its mission is to help people be healthy, secure and comfortable. Health Net, through its subsidiaries, provides and administers health benefits to approximately 5.4 million individuals across the country through group, individual, Medicare (including the Medicare prescription drug benefit commonly referred to as "Part D"), Medicaid, U.S. Department of Defense, including TRICARE, and Veterans Affairs programs. Health Net's behavioral health services subsidiary, Managed Health Network, Inc., provides behavioral health, substance abuse and employee assistance programs to approximately 4.9 million individuals, including Health Net's own health plan members. Health Net's subsidiaries also offer managed health care products related to prescription drugs, and offer managed health care product coordination for multi-region employers and administrative services for medical groups and self-funded benefits programs.
For more information on Health Net, Inc., please visit the company's website at
The Health Care Analyst provides analytic support to one or multiple departments and develops a variety of complex ad hoc, production and/or trend reports to support business decisions and operational processes for internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meets with customers to design financial, clinical, or operational reports
- Manipulates and extracts cost, utilization, and other data to develop reports and trends
- Summarizes and formats information using tables, graphs and other styles to support decision-making
- Analyzes, researches, and interprets results, variances, and trends
- Documents report specifications and communicates findings to customers
- Designs, develops, documents and maintains databases to aid reporting and processes
- Verifies accuracy of data
- May ensure reports are reviewed for regulatory reporting requirements
- Supports the development of online management information systems and standardized reports
- May recommend operational changes or actions based on analytical conclusions
Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Business, Accounting or related analytical discipline preferred
Minimum two years experience manipulating and analyzing data from large relational database files
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Access and an analytic tool such as Business Objects
- Experience using a programming language (preferably SQL); Familiarity with SAS programming language may be required for some positions
- Knowledge of statistical measures and their applications
- Proven analytical and communication skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Knowledge of the systems and processes of the organization supported
The following section describes the general physical requirements for this position. Please note that 'constant' refers to more than 81% of time; 'significant' refers to 40-80%; and 'moderate' refers to 20-40% of the time.
As a government contractor, this position requires U. S. citizenship and proof of favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense form SF86 or higher security.
- Operates personal computers, printers, facsimile, telephones, copy machines and other commonly used office accessories/equipment.
- Exposed to confidential information and expected to maintain confidentiality at all times; must adhere to HIPAA rules and regulations.
- May be required to work outside of normally scheduled hours as mandated by the client, project and/or workload (e.g. evenings, weekends, and/or holidays).
- May be required to maintain established work pace, meet deadlines; may have last minute urgent requests.
- Physical activity may include: twisting, reaching, kneeling, bending, stooping, squatting, crawling, grasping, grabbing, pushing, pulling, repetitive motion, climbing, etc.
- Required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Required to have hearing ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Required to have speaking ability to express or exchange ideas.
- Constant concentration may be required on various subjects by listening, reading and thinking clearly.
- Constant interaction with others may be required. May need to listen, think, and speak in order to interact with others. Business interactions and behavior between coworkers and/or external customers are required. This may require face-to-face or telephone interactions.
- Constant thinking at work may include listening, learning, analyzing, evaluating, and the ability to interpret what is seen and/or heard, or to link information from one issue to the next.
- Constant computer usage including typing and/or eye strain.
- Significant repetitive arm, wrist, hand and finger motions - making repetitive movements (e.g. key boarding, filing, data entry).
- Moderate phone usage; headsets may be required.
- Moderate amount of time spent working in a loud office environment with frequent interruptions/distractions.
- Constant sedentary work (desk bound or seated).
- Constant reading is required via computer screen and/or bound printed materials.
- Moderate walking/standing may be required.
Walking and/or transporting supplies and equipment between buildings/parking lots and structures may be required.
Any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
Health Net, Inc. supports a drug-free work environment and requires pre-employment background and drug screening.
Health Net and its subsidiaries are an Equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/V/D.