Health Care Assistant-IMCU
Requisition Number: 9288 Reg/Temp Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time Shift Rotating
Work Schedule: Sat-Fri Location Name University of Utah Hospital
City: SALT LAKE CITY State UT
Department: UUH IPC 24A INTERMEDIATE CARE
As a patient-focused organization, the University of Utah Health Care exists to enhance the health and well-being of people through patient care, research and education. Success in this mission requires a culture of collaboration, excellence, leadership, and respect. University of Utah Health Care seeks staff that are committed to the values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, responsibility, diversity, integrity, quality and trust that are integral to our mission. EO/AA
This position provides patient care at the direction of a Registered Nurse; requires direct contact with patients and their families as well as the performance of indirect patient care activities necessary to support patients and their environment.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Assists the patient with feeding, drinking, ambulating, grooming, toileting, dressing, socializing and unit specific technical skills.
- Reinforces or assists in educating and teaching patients/significant other(s) as delegated by the professional care provider.
- Collects, reports and documents data related to direct patient care activities.
- Assists with indirect patient care activities such as providing a clean, efficient and safe patient care environment, companion care, chaperoning the physician during patient examinations/procedures, housekeeping, transporting, stocking and maintenance tasks.
- Performs unit specific duties as required.
- Accepts delegated tasks as appropriate to training and certification.
- May process paperwork to order medical treatments and tests; collects/compiles/retrieves patient's test and lab results.
- May schedule patient appointments.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined above.
- Demonstrated human relation and effective communication skills.
- Ability to provide care appropriate to the population served.
- This position performs selected patient care tasks and procedures under the supervision of a registered nurse and as authorized and defined in the procedural guide for Health Care Assistants. Assistance from professional nursing staff is required to solve problems.
- Major challenges encountered by the incumbent include initiating appropriate action in emergency/crisis situations which require the incumbent to evaluate the crises and determine what the protocol is for each situation.
All of the following license(s)
- For those enrolled in a nursing program, incumbents have three months from completion of RN program to obtain an RN license. If an RN license is not obtained by the end of those three months, the incumbent must immediately obtain a current CNA.
- Individuals in this job code with an RN license must also have a CNA certification if they remain in it longer than three months.
- Basic Life Support Health Care Provider card through American Heart Association or obtain within one month of hire.
- Current certification as a Nursing Assistant,or completion of first round of clinical and current enrollment in approved nursing education program or successful completion of RN program.
University of Utah Health
- 2 years ago - save job