As an intern in the health care policy issue area, you will report directly to Chris Holt, the Director of Health Care Policy at the American Action Forum.Chris previously served as the Legislative Assistant for health care policy to Sen. Scott Brown (R-MA). He has extensive legislative experience, having worked as a health policy advisor for Rep. Tim Murphy (R-PA), Rep. Bob Inglis (R-SC), and Sen. George Voinovich (R-OH). He began his Congressional career as the Legislative Correspondent for the Senate Special Committee for the Aging. Chris is a graduate of Whitman College.
A few examples of projects completed by previous interns in the Health Care Policy Internship Program include:
- Researched, wrote and edited healthcare primers
- Wrote blogs and op-eds about health policy topics
- Compiled a health research database
- Researched and wrote longer, in depth, papers
As part of the internship, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Research assistance: Interns will provide research assistance and data collection for their issue area director when in the office
- Event attendance: Interns will attend Capitol Hill hearings, private speaker events, and events held by other DC think tanks to analyze and report on the information presented
- Forum event support : Interns will help promote, run, and evaluate all Forum events
- Semester project : Interns will write a paper on a topic of their choice to be completed by the end of the semester. Issue area directors will assist the interns with their research and writing
Hours and Compensation
- Interns must be available for 20 to 32 hours per week
- Interns will be provided an hourly wage to cover transportation and living expenses
- Interns will be responsible for bringing their own computer/equipment
- Excellent writing ability and communication skills
- An interest in the politics and policies of center-right conservatives
- Self-starting attitude
- Strong quantitative skills are highly desired
Please include in your application a preferred start date, resume, cover letter, and writing sample of less than 1,500 words.
The American Action Forum is a forward-looking policy institute dedicated to keeping America strong, free and prosperous. The Forum produces...