Purpose of Position:
The Health Educator/Outreach Worker will provide health education and community outreach to MetroPlus members living with and affected by HIV.
- Emphasize the importance of adhering to out-patient care and if appropriate, antiretroviral therapy.
- Provide and coordinate educational seminars to members living with HIV with a special emphasis on antiretroviral therapy to promote adherence with care and treatment.
- Conduct outreach to members, including those who have been hospitalized with evidence of lack of out-patient adherence to care.
- Conduct community outreach to selected members to support maintenance in care.
- Perform client needs assessments via telephone or in person.
- Required to complete mandatory annual training for Model of Care.
Four year High School diploma or its educational equivalent is required; or ,
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is preferred.
Demonstrated experience/participation in community centered activities. Certification in Specialty area required within one year of employment.
A minimum of two years experience in HIV care in an acute care facility and/or a community based organization and/or home care. An understanding of managed care plans is preferred.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) is strongly preferred.
Excellent interpersonal, organization, verbal and written communication skills.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation
- 2 years ago - save job