The successful candidate will utilize approximately 50% of their time devoted to basic education and wellness initiatives. The remaining 50% of their time w ill be utilized staffing and supervising MindBody Connection. The mission of the MindBody Connection is to provide a space where students can learn skills to manage academic and personal stressors.
- Supervise, develop, deliver and promote services offered to students at the MindBody Connection in collaboration with Counseling Service staff.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders on and off campus to develop a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach to health education for a diverse student population.
- Develop strategic plans, goals, and measurable objectives for health promotion programs and services.
- Design and conduct dynamic health & wellness presentations for students.
- Coordinating health promotion clinics and programs for flu shots, HIV/STI testing, etc.
- Assist with the selection, training, and management of volunteer student staff/peer educators.
- Assist with Partners in Prevention Coalition’s alcohol and substance abuse activities and responsibilities, e.g. reports, annual surveys, information dissemination and meetings.
- Promote on line and social media outlets for Health Promotion and marketing services.
- Work a flexible schedule as needed including availability for presentations and meetings on some nights and some weekends.
A bachelor's degree in public health, health education, adult education, health promotion, or a related area or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is necessary.
Full Time/Part Time
- Ability to plan and implement health promotion and wellness strategies, policies, programs, and services.
- Ability to assess health promotion needs of emerging adults and using results to guide programmatic decisions and budget allocations.
- Effective public relations skills and strong organizational, motivational, communication, writing, and computer skills.
- Outstanding people skills, maturity and sensitivity to cultural, sexual, and religious and racial diversity.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and work as a member on a team.
- Two or more years of health promotion-related experience, preferably in higher education.
- Master's degree in public health, health promotion, health education or other relevant field.
- Knowledge of the ACHA Standards of Practice for Health Promotion in Higher Education (SPHPHE).
- Certified Health Education Specialist (CHEs), Certified in Public Health (CPH), or eligible to become certified.
- Successful grant writing experience.
- Familiarity with social media/marketing strategies.
- Proficient in a MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
$34,216 - $43,500
December 23, 2012