As a leader in the health, fitness and wellness industry, you'll be responsible for improving lives. Starting with your own.
The Vitamin Shoppe is dedicated to healthy living. We seek to differentiate ourselves by providing the highest quality products at discount prices and by providing exceptional customer service. We increase the value we offer to our customers through Vitamin Shoppe brand products and by being an education destination for our customers. And, only at the Vitamin Shoppe will customers find Associates, or Health Enthusiasts, committed to sharing information regarding health, fitness and nutrition!
The Health Enthusiast (Sales Associate) position is responsible for providing outstanding customer service to customers and performing operational duties that drive sales through merchandising, register functions, store cleanliness, and other related duties. The store associate represents The Vitamin Shoppe brand to our customers. Associates must be courteous, efficient, and able to hand sell to customers so that their needs and expectations are met or exceeded. This position supports the environment of health and wellness that The Vitamin Shoppe represents.
1. Maintain a professional and courteous relationship with customers and co-workers
2. Use product information and available resources to educate customers and assist them in making smart product selections that are right for them.
3. Serve customers promptly. Minimizes delay and wait time.
4. Participate in learning and development activities such as daily store meetings and all other training provided by The Vitamin Shoppe so that customers can better serviced.
5. Collaborate with the store team to support and achieve the goals of the store and The Vitamin Shoppe.
6. Clean shelves, baskets, seminar areas, backroom, front sidewalks, bathroom and floor according to company policy as directed by the Store Manager and/or Assistant Store Manager.
7. Assist in unloading stock, checking products against invoice, pricing merchandise, cleaning fixtures and displaying product.
8. Rotate products according to the company’s product rotation policy.
9. Aid the Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager in the implementation of merchandising and operational procedures.
10. Identify and document the return of damaged, discontinued or expired product.
11. Operate the cash register and prepares customer receipts efficiently. Totals price, tax, and shipping and handling charges accurately. Balances the cash register at the end of each shift or as scheduled.
12. Follow management direction in completing other duties as required.
1. Performs other duties as required.
Our competitive salary and benefits package includes matching 401K, employee stock purchase plan, medical, dental insurance, vision-care plan, prescription drug coverage, disability benefits, confidential employee assistance program, health advocacy program, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, paid sick time, paid holidays, paid vacations, associate discount, and a credit union.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
High School Diploma or GED or equivalent combination of experience and instruction.
Understanding of professional sales procedures and customer service.
Knowledge of cash register functions and processing payment.
Passion for the health, fitness, and nutrition.
One-year retail sales experience preferred.
Skill and Ability:
Excellent communication skills in selling products.
Interpersonal skills in dealing with all customers in a friendly, courteous, and polite manner.
Able to use 10-key, cash register, and related business equipment.
Flexibility to work weekends.
The Vitamin Shoppe - 16 months ago
Vitamin Shoppe helps vitamin-takers meet their recommended daily requirements. The fast-growing company sells vitamins, supplements, and...