The Mesoamerican Health Initiative 2015 (SM2015) is an innovative public-private partnership between the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Institute of Health Carlos Slim, the Spanish Agency for International Cooperation for Development, Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) and the countries of the Mesoamerican region. This initiative aims to improve the health of women and children, through the implementation of evidence-based interventions in the areas of reproductive health, family planning, maternal, newborn and child health, including immunization and nutrition services.
URC seeks candidates for Health Expert / Team Leader Technical Assistance to serve as primary liaison between IDB and partners, to coordinate appropriate activities related to this contract. Advise and assist the Coordinating Unit in the planning, organization, coordination and implementation of all technical assistance activities in countries, related or complementary to this contract.
Additional job functions:
· Research partnerships with local partners involved in the implementation of operations.
· Prepare and coordinate technical assistance missions to ensure the quality of the work.
· Ensure compliance with work plans and implementation of activities in terms of reference.
· Monitor the technical aspects of the program for technical competence.
· Contribute to regular reporting and consult in regards to final reports.
· Ensure contract compliance and increase program visibility in accordance with the Communication Strategy Initiative.
- Masters Degree (or higher degree) in medicine, administration, public health, maternal and child health, nutrition, providing health services or related topics in a field or equivalent, is required.
- At least 10 years of proven professional experience in public health or nutrition in Latin America. The consultant should have experience working in at least two countries that are part of the Mesoamerican Health Initiative 2015.
- At least 7 years in any of the following areas: strengthening management processes of project management, strategic planning and / or strengthening of health systems.
- Possess at least 5 years verifiable experience in institutional strengthening schemes and implementation, monitoring and tracking of regional programs funded international cooperation.
- Knowledge of the political reality of the region, especially in the administrative organization of the countries where they work SM2015 Initiative.
- Experience preferred interacting with the representatives of the governments of one or more of the following countries benefiting from the SM2015: Chiapas, Guatemala, Belize, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica and/or and/or Panama.
- Must be able to read and write in English and Spanish.
University Research Co., LLC (URC) University Research Co., LLC where dedicated professionals provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. URC’s expertise centers on maternal, newborn, and child health; HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; nutrition and infant feeding; and vulnerable children and families. It approaches the challenges rising from these health areas through quality improvement, health system strengthening, behavior change and communication, and research and evaluation. This position is contingent upon award of the contract.
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.
University Research Co., LLC. - 18 months ago