The Health Information Tech II is responsible and accountable for providing Uncompromised Safety, Superior quality, Memorable Patient/Customer Experiences, and Financial Stewardship by maintaining accurate and complete medical records for each patient treated at Health First. Assuring that the confidentiality, security and integrity of the data and
information is maintained. Provide complete and timely use of data and information, without compromising security and confidentiality.
- Demonstrates competence in the following clinical applications to include: SCC/SCM, EMSTAT/ED Manager, eMon, SIS, HPF/QCI, Laserfiche and HBOC. Proficiently navigates through the above listed clinical applications in order to: Identify patient by name, number or date of service and ability to locate appropriate chart based on that information. Provide patient information to appropriate requesters in a timely and efficient manner. Verifying the accuracy of demographic data.
- Responsible for verifying and sending reports and/or previous records to the surgery department for daily scheduled surgeries.
- Document events in the Patient Safety Portal as per departmental policy.
- Writes scanned and indexed batches to the appropriate queue according to departmental policy and procedure.
- Provides front desk coverage to process incoming requests.
- High School Graduate required.
- Previous healthcare related experience preferred.
- Proficiency in GroupWise, Word, and Excel programs.
- Basic knowledge of Joint Commission and HIPAA preferred.
Health First - 21 months ago