Health Services Administrator - Clinical
Basic Duties :
Health Services Administrators function as the department head for the health services department at Federal correctional institutions. Duties include planning, directing, and managing the various areas of the department. Included in this is responsibility for budgetary and fiscal matters, patient care, and laboratory and pharmacy operations.
Working Conditions :
Work is performed inside a correctional facility. CHC expects employees to work in accordance with all security rules and regulations to minimize the risk of danger and/or harm to themselves or other employees. Due to the nature of our business, we cannot clear individuals with H1B or J1 status for employment and some facilities will not to clear individuals with bad debt or recent bankruptcies on their credit report. CHC provides excellent compensation and benefits packages (medical, dental, tuition reimbursement, 401K, etc.) to eligible employees.
Minimum Educational/Experience Requirements:
Employment Requirements :
- Must have and maintain a current, unrestricted license as a Registered Nurse in the state of practice .
- Bachelor's degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally-designated state accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant.
- Position requires Current CPR certification.
- Ideal candidate will possess one year of corrections and or specialized nurse manager experience.
- Experience must have been progressively responsible analytical or administrative, or clinical management or supervisory experience in the health care field.
- This work may have been performed in an operating health care facility or a higher organizational echelon with advisory or directional authority over such facilities.
- Work must have involved a close working relationship with facility managers and analysis and/or coordination of administrative, clinical, or other service activities
- knowledge of: missions, organizations, programs, and requirements of health care delivery systems; regulations and standards of various regulatory and credentialing groups; and government-wide, agency, and facility systems and requirements in various administrative areas such as budget, personnel, and procurement.
Physical/Mental Requirements : Must be able to perform the essential elements of the position with or without accommodation. This position routinely requires (but is not limited to) the following:
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation by the company.
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test.
- Must comply with all requirements of the company substance abuse policy.
- Must obtain and maintain security clearance with the client as a requisite for initial and/or continued employment.
- Occasional running when responding to emergencies.
- Frequent walking throughout site; to include walking up and down flights of stairs.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Correctional Healthcare Companies - 19 months ago