CHC has an immediate need for a Health Services Administrator for San Juan County Detention Center in Farmington, NM. Qualified applicants must be a Registered Nurse with a license to practice in the state of New Mexico. Keep in mind that New Mexico is a compact state.
To apply, visit: http://www.correctioncare.com/why-chc/311-careers-about-us
Please see the detailed job description below:
Health Services Administrator
Health Services Administrators function as the department head for the medical unit departments at local, state and federal correctional institutions. They are responsible for planning, directing, coordinating and supervising the delivery of healthcare. Included in this is responsibility for budgetary and fiscal matters, patient care, and laboratory and pharmacy operations.
Essential Job Duties: (All HSA Positions)
1. Supervises all nursing staff (DON, RN's, LPN’s, Medical Assistant’s, Medical Records Clerks, etc.), dental and medical independent contractors, possibly mental health professionals, etc. assigned to the correctional healthcare facility.
2. Recruits, hires and retains a high quality professional team. Ensures staffing levels meet contract requirements and schedules staff to best meet operational needs.
3. Actively participates in cost containment measures.
4. Manages the CHC contract according to the agreed-upon terms and conditions of the contract. Responsible for maintaining revenue goals and controlling all expenses to ensure profit goal is achieved for the assigned facility. May assist in the preparation of the annual budget.
5. Manages the health services program based on CHC’s goals and objectives and the terms of the contract. Maintains confidentiality and security of health records and medical information in compliance with HIPAA requirements.
6. Arranges and chairs meetings between Medical Director, Health Services Administrator, CHC and correctional facility contract administrator and other correctional facility staff as appropriate.
7. Assists in the development, implementation, monitoring and annual review of health care policies and procedures within the assigned correctional facility. Evaluates and recommends methods of improving operational efficiency.
8. Prepares or participates in performance management/performance review plans with all direct reports on a timely basis, with support from CHC management. Serves as the coach and mentor to all direct reports to help them meet their performance goals and objectives
9. Ensures appropriate licensure and certification is maintained on all medical and dental professionals.
10. Ensures the Correctional Healthcare Companies’ program at the facility is in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local (if applicable) health care standards for correctional facilities (ACA and NCCHC if applicable).
11. Responsible for client relations on a day-to-day basis with detention center management and staff.
12. Maintains frequent communications with both internal CHC team members and management, and assigned correctional facility staff and inmate patients.
13. Maintains awareness of security and safety regulations and procedures at all times and trains all team members in proper security and safety practices.
14. Assists in the development of a disaster plan for health services, which is consistent with the correctional facilities disaster plan. Ensures that the health portion of the disaster plan is reviewed and tested at least annually.
15. Must be on call at all times to respond to staffing or administrative situations within the correctional facility.
Additional Essential Job Duties (Medically Trained HSA)
In addition to the above listed job duties, an HSA who has medical responsibilities will also be required to perform the following duties:
16. Respond to medical emergencies within the required 4 minute time period and administer the appropriate medical care.
17. Must be on call at all times to respond to medical situations within the correctional facility.
18. Capable of giving CPR instructions and able to take charge in a CPR emergency. If trained and able, would also be responsible for using AED equipment.
19. Ensures that Chronic Clinics are maintained per CHC policy and protocol.
20. Other duties as assigned.
Work is performed inside a correctional facility. Employees are exposed to some level of risk and/or harm by inmates including exposure to blood borne pathogens. Employee is expected to work in accordance with all security rules and regulations to minimize the risk of danger and/or harm to themselves or other employees. Employee will be operating or working around equipment that could cause a small level of risk for injury and harm.
Employee must comply with all current and future State, Federal, and Local laws and regulations, court orders, Administrative Directives and standards and policies and procedures of the site at where assigned, including those of professional organizations such as ACA, NCCHC, etc.
Minimum Educational/Experience Requirements:
1. Applicants must possess one year of specialized experience. Experience must have been progressively responsible analytical or administrative, or clinical management or supervisory experience in the health care field. This work may have been performed in an operating health care facility or a higher organizational echelon with advisory or directional authority over such facilities. Work must have involved a close working relationship with facility managers and analysis and/or coordination of administrative, clinical, or other service activities, and provided knowledge of the following: missions, organizations, programs, and requirements of health care delivery systems; regulations and standards of various regulatory and credentialing groups; and government-wide, agency, and facility systems and requirements in various administrative areas such as budget, personnel, and procurement.
2. Applicants must also possess management ability to delegate authority, evaluate and oversee people and programs, and recognize and adapt to changing priorities; and knowledge of the interrelationships and interdependencies among various medical and administrative services and programs.
3. Must achieve/maintain CPR/AED Certification.