Callen-Lorde Community Health Center is the nation's leading health care center dedicated to serving the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) communities. We are currently looking for an outgoing, independent, customer service oriented person to join our team as a Healthcare Facilitated Enroller (FE).
The FE is responsible for identifying eligible candidates and assisting with enrollment in Medicaid, Family Health Plus and Child Health Plus as well as assisting current members to recertify into these plans. The position requires frequent travel through NYC in the boroughs of Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn and the Bronx. A monthly metrocard will be provided to cover travel costs. Consistently meeting established monthly enrollment quotas is a job requirement. Each FE is responsibile for filling a quota of 10 healthcare applications per week. While the salary is not commision-based, having outreach, field work and/or sales experience is a plus.
The Health Center is open Monday through Saturday. The FE will work a Tuesday-Saturday schedule. One-two evenings will be required. The annual salary will be $37,000 and will be accompanied by a monthly metro card and an excellent benefits package, including individual medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, generous paid time off, and optional 403B plans.
Personal Characteristics, Skills, Abilities:
- Associate's degree in health/social services or the equivalent required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Strong computer competency, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs, scanners, and Smartphone technology.
- Experience in medical/social services and/or knowledge of Medicaid and its associated entitlements programs strongly desired.
- Strong customer service orientation and sales experience.
- Familiarity with LGBT, HIV, and transgender health-related issues and community resources.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Ability to work with diverse populations, ability to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks.
- Ability to work independently yet be team focused.
- Excellent attention to detail.
idealist.org - 13 months ago