From coast to coast, Rural/Metro employees are tied together by their overwhelming desire to help others. Every day and every call for our team of highly-trained professionals is different than the one before.
At Rural/Metro, we celebrate the successes of our team members, and doing the right thing for those we serve.
Rural/Metro is a leader in private ambulance and fire protection services in 21 states and more than 700 communities nationwide. Rural/Metro has provided high-quality patient care, met and exceeded the expectations of the communities we serve, and invested in the success of our employees since 1948.
The primary job responsibilities of the Transportation Liaisons are to provide onsite coordination of medical transportation between the hospital/facility staff and Rural/Metro. Works with dispatch and operational Field crews to ensure a smooth transition for patient customers leaving from or arriving to the hospital/facility.
- Processes all requests for service directly from hospital/facility staff members.
- Assists and oversees actual transfer of patients to and from hospital/facility.
- Works with hospital/facility staff members to ensure medical necessity is met for the requested level of transport. May recommend the level of service based on the patient condition when appropriate.
- Ensures the proper documentation is completed and present for the transfer of the patient. This includes transfer orders, medical records, and/or the Physician Certification Statement (PCS).
- Verifies PCS form is completed properly and signed prior to crew arrival.
- Provides customer service to both patients and clients at hospital/facilities, including, but not limited to, resolution of lost items, advising of delayed transports, rescheduling transports, etc.
- Ensure all clerks, nurse stations, and case managers have supply of marketing materials
- Make rounds to case managers forecast and/or follow-up with daily transports and attend case manager meetings as requested
- Passes on critical information onto Rural/Metro management when appropriate.
- Works closely with ER/SNF staff to facilitate transfer of time-sensitive patients.
- Provide basic marketing and customer services to contracted facilities as designated.
- Participate in all required training sessions, including but not limited to any mandatory Company training.
- Attend and participate in all required meetings, continuing education sessions, or other programs.
- Complies and enforces all policies and procedures.
- Has successfully completed all required Compliance Training within the required time period.
- Has had no compliance related corrective action during the current review period.
- Healthcare industry experience preferred.
- Building and fostering excellent achievement through teamwork.
- Excellent analytical skills and quality orientation-strives for continuous improvement in all activities to consistently achieve excellent results and meet or exceed department expectations.
- Must have computer competency including proficiency with Microsoft Suite, and understanding of database programs.
- Typing wpm 40 (minimum).
- Must have the ability to consistently deliver outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals, teams, managers, supervisors, and external customers.
- Excellent ability to communicate and work cohesively across Department lines.
- Highly dependable and ability to meet internal deadlines consistently, ability to work with other departments and meet their deadlines as well.
- Strong organization skills and attentiveness to detail.
- Flexible and adaptable, willing and able to adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
- Must have the ability to work independently as well as in groups.
- Satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company’s Driving Policy.
- Ability to maintain a professional manner and appearance at all times.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- BS/BA or equivalent experience in related field highly desirable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
Occasionally: Walking inside and outside, pushing, pulling, may lift and carry no more than 50 pounds.
Frequently: Lifting and carrying no more than 10 pounds, typing 40 wpm, stooping, bending.
Constantly: Hearing/listening, clear speech, touching, seeing, and typing.
Cognitive/Psychosocial Requirements & Mental Requirements:
Occasionally: Analyzing, judgment.
Frequently: Memorization, perception/computation, problem solving, simple and complex math skills, reasoning.
Constantly: Simple reading and writing, clerical, decision making.
Frequently: Repetitive tasks, high pressure.
Occasionally: Fatigue, intense tasks
Occasionally: Multi-media equipment for training purposes, voice recorder tape system
Frequently: Use Company and/or personal owned vehicle for business purpose
Constantly: Telephone, computer, mouse, keypad, calculator, copy machine, stapler, 3-hole punch, postage machine, fax, scanner, cell phone, laminating machine, and printer
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequently: Works around others, works alone, face-to face and verbal contact with others, inside, noise, extended day.
Constantly: Works with others, face-to-face and verbal contact with others.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Rural/Metro is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.