- Requisition #: 232339399
- Job Category: Sales
- Operation: Logistics & Distribution Sales
- Job Group: SIP Supervisor
- Job Grade: 6A
- Job Code: 8103
- Relocation Assist Available: No
- Location: NEWARK, DE 19702 - NEWARK
The Logistics Account Representative generates new Logistics and Distribution (L&D) revenue. He/She acts as an overlay sales consultant to support UPS account owners (mid market and enterprise) in qualifying opportunities and driving new and additional revenue. This position cultivates relationships with UPS sales teams to identify, position, and develop bundled solutions (e.g., supplier management, warehousing, ocean and air transportation, distribution, etc.). He/She acts as a L&D subject matter expert (SME) specific to warehousing, distribution, and transportation issues and opportunities.
Primary duties include identifying, positioning and expanding opportunities within the healthcare specific sector. This position promotes internal business relationships (e.g., UPS Package, Sales Service Centers) to identify opportunities for sharing business leads and conducting joint sales calls.
Major responsibilities of this position are to generate revenue growth and provide comprehensive customer service. This position produces revenue growth by identifying decision makers, coordinating customer meetings, and developing comprehensive pricing strategies for bundled contracts to enhance customer business. The Logistics Account Representative qualifies and quantifies sales opportunities using UPS internal resources (e.g., Solutions and Pricing groups, etc.) to ensure potential accounts are viable based on UPS's product and industry alignment and available resources.
- Arranges customer visits to UPS facilities to identify opportunities and win business.
- Collaborates with the Supply Chain Solutions contracts group to create customer agreement presentations and reviews.
- Interfaces with customers and UPS sales groups to manage requests for information (RFIs) and requests for proposals (RFPs) and to ensure documents are completed and delivered within established deadlines.
- Presents business agreements to key decision makers to review business terms and conditions, verify customer understanding, and confirm customer expectations.
- Applies knowledge of customer business models and operating structures and offers logistics sales solutions that support the customer’s strategic business objectives.
- Applies knowledge of the features and business applications of services, products and customer-facing technology offerings and solutions.
- Applies supply chain and logistics knowledge of the flow of materials, information, and finances involved in manufacturing and distributing products.
- Applies knowledge of core business and operations to resolve problems, make decisions and achieve business objectives.
- Assesses and identifies business needs and conducts customer analysis to determine customer requirements and constraints, determine the impact of products/services on customers, and identify which products, services and features to promote to current/potential customers.
- Builds business partnerships and develops key customer relationships to maximize account profitability. Understands the customer’s business and aligns account strategies to customer goals.
- Conducts competitive analysis of competitor’s offerings and strategies, and maintains awareness of competitive environment.
- Creates and develops strategies and plans for effectively managing accounts.
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
- Must be currently in the same geographic location as the job or willing to relocate yourself there.
- Must have Business to Business or Business to Consumer sales experience or UPS experience.
- If required, must be willing to travel.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft office products or equivalent is preferred.
UPS - 23 months ago
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...