Job ID: 5643
Excellent opportunity to work in the Hosptial/Healthcare field for Stericycle as a Healthcare Sustainability Specialist!
We are looking for a Heathcare Sustainability Specialist overseeing our large format customers (e.g. hospitals) in the States of Iowa and Nebraska.
This position will require extensive day travel and overnight travel.
This individual will supervise the safe and efficient handling and processing of all Integrated Waste Stream Solutions (IWSS) contracted by the facility(s). Ensures the services provided to the facility(s) by Stericycle and Stericycle vendors consistently meets customer service expectations, regulatory and safety compliance measures, and operates in a productive and profitable manner. Maintains or exceeds margins in line with Stericycle standards or projected goals for the customer.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Oversee and manage the IWSS Program within the Nebraska & Iowa markets.
Serve as the project leader in managing key service conversions
Monitors performance of each service provider to ensure their performance and cost goals are being achieved
- Work with selected vendors to proactively plan out the key steps in the conversion to meet customer requirements in terms of timing and service.
- Order equipment and coordinate the placement of equipment throughout facility.
- Develop and manage the communication and training within the assigned account(s).
- Perform all training associated with the implementation.
- Work with key decision makers in the account to ensure a smooth transition to services provided Stericycle or its vendors.
Build and maintain good relationships with key decision makers within assigned account(s) and keep them informed of the program’s progress
- Serves as main point of contact for all service related issues.
- Ensures service requirements are met.
- Monitors all invoices for accuracy.
- Looks for ways to reduce cost (including vendor costs) while still meeting the customer’s expectations.
Ensure hospital waste streams are managed in a safe and compliant manner:
- Participate in hospital’s Green Teams and Environment of Care Committees.
- Provide regular updates on our progress to internal Stericycle teammates and the customer.
- Look for new opportunities to reduce cost and improve our performance.
Ensure Stericycle gross profit goals are achieved
- Remain up-to-date and knowledgeable on each of the regulations associated with the waste stream we manage (i.e., EPA, DOT, OSHA, The Joint Commission and any other state or local regulations)
- Train hospital personnel on the regulatory requirements of the waste streams we manage (i.e., DOT).
- Utilize Integrated Waste Compliance Specialist(s) for annual compliance audits.
- Proactively work with the customer to address compliance concerns in a helpful and consultative manner.
Ensure high customer satisfaction with the program so Stericycle is well positioned for future renewals.
- Reduce Regulated Medical Waste (RMW) (training & container placement).
- Reduce the price of services (manage vendor charges).
- Reduce service expense (i.e., reduced pulls).
- Successful waste diversion (i.e., solid waste out of RMW, recycling material out of solid waste).
- Proactively look for new ways or services to increase the profitability of the program (i.e. composting, recycling medical equipment, etc.).
May be responsible for selecting, training, and developing an effective and efficient staff where applicable.
May supervisor or provide input to assigned Stericycle Service Specialists’ performance, by performing periodic “shadowing”, ensuring that they perform their functions in a safe and productive manner.
Review payroll hours to ensure overtime hours are necessary and all team members are working efficiently.
Education equivalent to High School diploma, college degree preferred.
Five or more year’s related experience or training in a hospital environment, demonstrating strong communication, training experience or equivalent in related work required.
Demonstrates the ability to plan and supervise the work of others.
Demonstrates knowledge of the Joint Commission, EPA, DOT and OSHA standards and regulations.
Demonstrates knowledge of Microsoft Office Products; Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Demonstrates knowledge of all hospital related waste streams, Hazardous Materials and OSHA Regulations.
Additional Information: Travel Percentage: 75%
Monster - 14 months ago
Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble, Stericycle treats medical rubble. A leading medical and pharmaceutical waste management company,...