As a key member of the Workers’ Compensation Claims department, you will attend the WCAB hearings and depositions where the expertise of an attorney is not warranted. You are the person who will take the appropriate actions to advance claim closure or resolve the issues specific to each hearing or appearance. This position primarily involves attending WCAB hearing at, but not necessarily limited to the following boards: Los Angeles /Orange County
- Manage litigation and claim disputes as they apply to workers’ compensation claims
- Attend claim hearings, representing ICW Group; prepare court pleadings, reports and settlement documents in accordance with statutory and case law as well as pertinent regulations
- Schedule and attend settlement walk-through hearings with claimants and/or counsel
- Reduce loss adjustment expenses by quickly and effectively resolving disputed claims and litigation, including liens
- Review and analyze invoices and liens with professional bill review services, apply appropriate legal defenses and negotiate bill/lien resolution or set for trial
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to use California Schedule for Rating Permanent Disabilities to rate disability impairment.
- 2-5 years prior experience with a Workers Compensation carrier or third party claims administrators in claims adjusting or Hearing Representative Position.
- Prior California Legal expertise.
- Strong ability to negotiate to resolution various legal issues before the WCAB with opposing counsel, pro per claimants and co-defendants.
- Have a fundamental base knowledge of the claims process
- Strong oral skills to articulate company’s position in contested legal matters to opposing side, Information Officers and WCAB judges.
- Strong written skills to prepare and submit timely Hearing Reports to claims personnel and claims management.
ICW Group - 9 months ago