Heavy Equipment Mechanic- Vermeer Northeast
Vermeer Northeast is in search of service technicians for our Albany, NY shop. We are a full-service equipment dealership serving New York and the entire Northeast. Vermeer is an industry leader in the landscaping, pipeline, organic recycling, utility installation, wood waste processing and tree care industry. We are looking for a dedicated individual who is willing to go the extra step to help grow our service business and continue to satisfy our customers. The service technician will be responsible for repairing and maintaining electric, diesel and gasoline industrial, construction and forestry equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Inspects and troubleshoots equipment to assess condition and diagnose repairs.
- Installs, troubleshoots, adjusts, replaces, repairs, and rewires electrical systems and components, such as ignitions, signals, lights, and electrical controls, including computer controlled components.
- Adjusts and/or repairs automatic and manual transmissions, differentials, power-take-off drives, clutches, and related drive train components.
- Adjusts, disassembles, and repairs or rebuilds drum and disc braking systems, valves, master cylinders, and pneumatic or other hydraulic controls.
- Uses welding and cutting equipment to make repairs or modify equipment.
- Orders materials and supplies required for maintenance and repair work.
- Keeps records of work performed, time and materials used by job.
- Performs on-site field repairs to stationary or disabled equipment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent mechanical skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to assemble and perform maintenance functions on equipment.
- Excellent oral communications and written skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits ( including medical, vision, dental, life, disability insurance and 401k).
Oct 18, 2013, 1:31:20 PM
Vermeer Corporation - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard
Vermeer's products have the power to move the earth. The company manufactures a slew of production and farm equipment, distributed...