ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: |
- Operates a variety of light to heavy equipment at assigned job sites, which may include: Gradall, tractor trailer, excavator, bulldozer, roller, dump trucks, concrete mixers, forklifts, loaders, and/or other related items.
- Performs preventative maintenance on applicable equipment.
- Participates in monitoring and maintaining appropriate inventory levels to ensure efficient division operations.
- Participates in a variety of skilled maintenance activities in assigned area of responsibility, which may include: repairing water and sewer lines; installing and repairing fire hydrants; monitoring water and sewer lines for leaks; implementing landscape and asphalt repairs; repairing and/or replacing items that have been damaged by excavation activities; and/or, performing other related activities.
- Monitors the work of external contractors, providing technical guidance and expertise and ensuring contract terms and specifications are met.
- Sets up traffic warning devices and barricades and directs traffic around work sites. Checks and inspects barricades daily for proper placement and visibility.
- Prepares and cleans up work sites.
- Transports equipment and/or materials to designated job site(s).
- Responds to emergency operation and on-call situations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs a wide variety of activities in support of wastewater maintenance, which includes: cleaning sanitary sewer collection systems; identifying obstructions and problems with service taps, roots, and broken pipes; performing sanitary sewer inspections; collecting and maintaining related data; repairing sewer collection systems; and/or, performing other related activities.
Texas Municipal League
- 2 years ago - save job
The city of Carrollton offers valuable information to assist you in understanding the development review process. Our goal is to facilitate...