This position reports to the Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor and provides general maintenance support in support of heavy maintenance activities to include the opening, cleaning, treating, and closing of aircraft structures. Performs additional duties as assigned .
What you need:
- High school diploma OR equivalent
- 2 years experience in any industry utilizing basic mechanical skills
- Must be a student referred from Southern State Community College Aviation Program
- Airframe and Powerplant License
- Previous experience as a utility mechanic
- Basic understanding of FAA regulations pertaining to CFR Part 145 repair station operations.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and to travel on an as needed basis to support off-site maintenance
- Must provide tools as listed on required tool listing.
- Eye/hand coordination and clear field of vision
- Ability to work at heights up to 80 feet and lift up to 75 pounds
- Ability to work in tight and confined spaces with respiratory equipment
- Ability to bend, crawl, twist, and other positions and sustain the position for extended period of time
- Ability to precisely manipulate hand tools in a variety of situations
Airborne Maintenance & Engineering Services
- 19 months ago - save job
Built on a 30-year airline maintenance legacy, AMES offers the experience, equipment, and efficiency critical to delivering high-quality,...