Perform fuel tank preventative maintenance, repairs, and modifications on customer aircraft in accordance with applicable technical data, customer maintenance program requirements, within estimated or budgeted hours and within FAA and customer standards of quality. Position will also read and interpret aircraft manuals and specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components. In addition, position will conduct leak tests by performing integral fuel tank positive and negative checks. Will document all maintenance actions in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with all guidelines.
What you need:
- High school diploma OR equivalent
- Working knowledge of the types, applications and characteristics of fuel tank sealants
- Ability to remove and replace fasteners used in fuel tank construction
- Basic understanding of FAA regulations pertaining to CFR Part 145 repair station operations.
- Must provide tools as listed on required tool listing.
- Airframe license
- 1 year previous experience as a fuel technician in a heavy maintenance environment
- Working knowledge of aircraft fuel systems.
- Previous experience at a FAR Part 145 repair station
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and to travel on an as needed basis to support off-site maintenance
- Eye/hand coordination and clear field of vision
- Ability to work at heights up to 80 feet and lift up to 75 pounds
- Ability to work in tight and confined spaces with respiratory equipment
- Ability to bend, crawl, twist, and other positions and sustain the position for extended period of time
- Ability to precisely manipulate hand tools in a variety of situations
Airborne Maintenance & Engineering - 30+ days ago