Upstream Solutions Inc (USI) is currently seeking applications for the Hebron Topsides Planning Engineer (PS-04) in connection with the development of the Hebron Project, one of Newfoundland and Labrador's premier Oil and Gas Projects.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Planning Engineer (PE) is a specialist in an integrated project schedule (P6) preparation for Hebron Topsides Facilities.
- The PE reviews Contractor Schedules for usefulness, logic, level of detail, input sources, timing, lines of communication, and interfaces with other project elements and consistency with Current Control Estimate, WBS, and Project Plan.
- The PE also establishes the schedule requirements to ensure fit-for-purpose application in support of Project Execution.
- The PE strives for timely detection of trends and specific deviations from plan.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Provide overall P6 oversight and analysis of Contractors Integrated Project Schedule and progress measurement
- Analyze schedule trends, develop and review schedule forecasts
- Monitor and report on Schedule implications of changes
- Monitor and report on Strategic Leadership Milestones (SLMs)
- Assist management in developing/reviewing schedule corrective actions and recovery plans, and making sure needed actions/plans are implemented.
- Maintain EM Level 1 Executive Schedule reflecting the current basis / outlook in Contractors Schedule
- Advise Contractor with respect to project controls tools, schedule enhancements and reports that could improve processes and/or address deficiencies
- Provide support and Schedule assistance for bimonthly Progress / Schedule Stewardship Meetings led by the Planning Stewardship Lead
Based on local regulations (Atlantic Accord) first consideration will be given to qualified Newfoundland and Labrador residents (those currently residing in province). Those outside the province, wishing to repatriate, will be considered a strong second in priority.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology
- 3 – 5 years prior oil and gas industry experience preferred
- Willing to travel overseas and work in a team environment
- Strong Influencing, Consulting, Mentoring, Analytical, and Computing skills (Excel and Primavera-P6 required)
- Adaptability to changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and respond quickly to urgent analysis requests
Upstream Solutions - 17 months ago