Blackstone Alternative Asset Management (“BAAM”) was founded in 1990 as a fund of hedge funds and is comprised of a wide range of different portfolios and investment strategies, including broadly diversified funds, strategy focused funds, opportunistic funds and client customized funds. BAAM Operations is comprised of Treasury, Middle Office, Fund Accounting, Management Reporting and Financial Reporting.
We are looking for an experienced administrative professional (four to six years), a background in Finance or Business Administration is preferred. Our work environment is heavily focused on information flow and idea sharing - a team mentality and personality fit is extremely important for this position.
Candidates should exhibit strong organizational and forward thinking skills as well as exceptional communication skills. Individuals should also be energetic, self-motivated, team-oriented individuals with fresh ideas and innovative solutions who thrive on challenge in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Also, candidates should be able to be pro-active in noticing what needs to be taken care of as needed, whether in regards to the needs
of their professionals, or projects that require assistance. Ultimately, the candidate should provide the willingness and flexibility to assist team members, both at the professional and administrative assistant level, with whatever project is at hand that needs to be completed.
- Administrative support to 8 – 11 professionals (MD level to Manager level)
- Serve as an Operations liaison on the floor for the other BAAM teams
- Extensive phone coverage and screening of external phone calls
- Process expense and out of pocket reports for Operations professionals
- Schedule appointments, meetings, and conference calls
- Calendar management
- Schedule domestic and international travel arrangements, handle itineraries, and arrange for appropriate visas
- Meet and greet guests and register into the visitor’s system
- Provide backup support for Vice Presidents and Managers on Operations Team
- Assist teams with scanning, emailing, and filing various operations packets
- Keeping the team documentation organized and maintained
- College degree required
- Extensive administrative experience (4-6 years, preferably)
- Strong attention to detail and process oriented
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to run with tasks/projects see them through to completion
- Self-motivated, energetic and enthusiastic
- Display a confident, mature and polite personality with a teamwork mentality
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and multi-task under pressure
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
Throw a rock and you're bound to hit a Blackstone investment. The Blackstone Group is one of the largest private equity firms and...